questions about SE50 Spree swap

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: questions about SE50 Spree swap

Post by Meatball »

No go. Everything I tried either had zero improvement or made it worse. Needle on top/mid/bottom...mixture screw 2 or 1 1/2 or 1 or just 1/2 turn out at every needle position. I tried every combination with no luck. The stock motor just isn't happy with a pod filter on it. I put the stock airbox back on and it runs like a dream. Snappy off the line, purring idle and flawless at WOT....I just cant fit my plastics on with the stock airbox on. :( ...maybe I'll end up chopping them up so the airbox sticks out the side. Not cool.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Have you tried wrapping tape on the pod filter about maybe a quarter way then test with different lengths of tape on it.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Meatball, what did you do for wiring? I seem to have an extra green wire.... Well 2 extra green and one yellow but two of those are for the bistarter I'm not using since I have a manual choke on my after market carb. I have to get some longer fuel lines and figure out the extra wire then I should be ready to ride... Assuming I can get my carb tuned well.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Green is just a ground. Jump that onto any other "green only" wire and youll be fine. The spree bullet connections had a spot where two green wires plug into one. That's why you now have an extra one. Look at the old Spree connectors and youll see a "Y" type bullet where it used to go. Also be sure to tape up any wires that you aren't using from the bystarter delete. You don't want those dangling around and blowing fuses.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Oh man... I got mine done finally (just have to get my panels on). Thanks ks for the help meatball! This thing is 100% better! Gets to 35 in NO TIME! Now I just need to find what seems to be an air leak as she idles a little high no matter what I do.

Fun stuff!