Rollers..to grease or NOT to grease

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Rollers..to grease or NOT to grease

Post by Meatball »

That is the question! Also, Im running a stock SE50 Elite motor in my Spree. Stock rollers are still in there. What rollers should I swap to? Seems like every thread I read has a different opinion on weight. Or should I just get an aftermarket variator kit? Which one?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
patthesoundguy

Re: Rollers..to grease or NOT to grease

Post by patthesoundguy »

Don't grease the rollers. You can use powdered graphite and rub it in to the variator if you want. As for roller weights that depends on how you want the variator to react. Lighter weights keeps you in "lower" hear longer and heavier weights makes it shift up quicker. And the driven pulley contra spring comes in to play as well. Quite a few variables. I would go for an aftermarket variator down the road and experiment some. But for now you can pick up some different rollers like a gram or so lighter and a gram or so heavier and experiment and see what works for your setup. Maybe try a couple different springs in the driven pulley.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock