SE50 swap on spree top out at 35

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: SE50 swap on spree top out at 35

Post by Meatball »

Dang, forgot about throttle cable. Swapping that will take longer than carb/airbox. Its all fun though... :smile:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Went back to an 80 main and 32 pilot.... It feels way better with that setup. I was running a 90, then thought, I'll go to the biggest I have (98) and see if it lessens or exaggerates the problem... It sounds similar but even worse... Is it possible I'm too rich even with the 80 main? Temps are about 300 at WOT.

It just seems like I'm running on my pilot... I payed close attention to throttle position, I'm at 1/3 of WOT max for top speed. Could it have to do with needle position?

Summary, stock SA50, Polini CP 19mm carb with Polini blue pod filter (tested without filter and actually felt a little stronger) and 32 pilot jet, 80 main jet.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Ive never played with the Polini carb so I have no clue as to which jet is best. I just know that my stock carb likes either the #87 or #90. They both work about the same. My needle position is in the middle of the three notches and mixture screw is in the factory recommended position. Stock airbox and all, she sings at wot all day. Usually when I go for a ride its at full throttle 90% of the time. I beat the sh&t out of it and never has a hiccup. Pretty bulletproof IMO.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

noiseguy wrote:I remember when I started the board Maddog used to abusively rant at people that would try to make scooters faster through the motor without addressing drive face / parts.
I kinda miss that guy....
Never saw his "ultimate" aero 50, really wanted to.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

I'm getting my jets today so hopefully I can fix the bog issue. I put on the new tire and wheel (thanks Benji!) And that alone gave me 2 mph thanks to the bigger tire!

My main question for this post was should I expect 35 or closer to 40 with my swap and carb. I realize the best way to gain speed is with drivetrain not motor, unless of course I'm doing something to cause it to rev significantly higher while staying safe...

Hopefully ill wrap up my tuning this week/weekend and have a good final post for speed with this setup and which jets make sense for a stock 50cc, as I am realising most people only swap their carb with a BBK... I had a BBK before my swap but now I don't so jetting has been a bit tough.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

No prob man!
Meatball wrote:Ive never played with the Polini carb so I have no clue as to which jet is best. I just know that my stock carb likes either the #87 or #90. They both work about the same. My needle position is in the middle of the three notches and mixture screw is in the factory recommended position. Stock airbox and all, she sings at wot all day. Usually when I go for a ride its at full throttle 90% of the time. I beat the sh&t out of it and never has a hiccup. Pretty bulletproof IMO.
Ditto w my old stock setup, except w a 95 jet and a unifilter(no airbox came w mine) it would overheat at wot sometimes, but it hit 42-44 w tranny mods.
Crawler
BMX
BMX

Post by Crawler »

benji wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:45 pm
noiseguy wrote:I remember when I started the board Maddog used to abusively rant at people that would try to make scooters faster through the motor without addressing drive face / parts.
I kinda miss that guy....
Never saw his "ultimate" aero 50, really wanted to.
Message me to see it