Af18 Zx50 Gear Set Questions.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

mantrans
BMX
BMX

Af18 Zx50 Gear Set Questions.

Post by mantrans »

I have a 2001 Zx50 that I finished this spring and I have some questions regarding interchangability of gears. I am a trooper when it comes to tirelessly searching for answers, I have yet to see a difinitive answer on remedying the lack of gear choices for the zx50 and I was hoping someone somewhere made the swap. I know from experience ( buying dio gears) that they dont mate, and I did see a thread asking about doing a complete swap but never saw and answer and the thread changed topics. Can I buy a complete aftermarket gearset for a Dio and swap it into my zx50??

I ended up one of the two only available kits and it was the malossi 16x32 set, I just pulled it apart because it had been so long , so it seemed that I wasnt for sure excatly what ratio I had.. turns out I have a 16x32 primary as expected and 13x45 secondaries giving me a 7:1 final.

Last question.. the gears feel tall for my build not tall like it cant push them but tall enough to where I dont like the lack of acceleration. The bike pulls really hard currently from 20-25mph on. I wish I had more experience so I had something to compare it to. for all I know it could be running its butt off which my friend tells me all the time to be happy with it.

It was really really slow till 30 like stock 4 stroke ish so I played and played with the cvt for months and now I have reached the point to where it is out of the cvt's hands to get more acceleration. It would go 70mph gps with the ole Pg long pipe with more forgiving Rpms but now with the Corsa Pipe it peaks to 11,500 @65mph and I turned it down ( felt like I was really stressing it) is there a more prefered ratio for my setup?

Cora bore
stock cases with boost ports matched
Naruku intake ( similiar to the stage 6) matched and intake port matched
MHR stuffer crank
Polini 24mm pwk
Polini corsa Race pipe
Malossi variator kit 6g sliders
Polini 3g clutch -5500 rpm springs with a yellow malossi torque spring
I am running a slightly larger jet than what others runs (126) It works somehow but I am running oxygenated race gas Q16
mixing 32:1
I weigh 130lbs ( im not a little kid, just little sick and lost some weight)

Thanks Everyone! Remember this is the zx50 with the 12" rear on it.
bonesv

Re: Af18 Zx50 Gear Set Questions.

Post by bonesv »

So you have a Kymco zx.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
mantrans
BMX
BMX

Re: Af18 Zx50 Gear Set Questions.

Post by mantrans »

bonesv wrote:So you have a Kymco zx.
Yeah.