Honda Elite SP de restrict

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Honda Elite SP de restrict

Post by jakubman1 »

Is this the pump i need for the split throttle cable??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-SA50-ELIT ... kB&vxp=mtr
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

One ounce of oil is as much a pain as premixing altogether, only not precise as the fuel amount varies between fill-ups at the gas pump. If you want the scooter to run consistently right and last a long time, get the SR pump and cable or lose the power robbing thing and pre-mix.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Alright im picking up the oil plug from SSS. How many MPG should i be getting on my sa50P?
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

jakubman1 wrote:Alright im picking up the oil plug from SSS. How many MPG should i be getting on my sa50P?
I'm sure the MPG will have to be determined by you now that you have done some de-restricting. Good thing there are a lot of gas stations by us lol!
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Here is the exhaust after taking the washer out.

With the washer in i was able to hit 40mph with just a Keli Variator and 8 gram weights. When i get the gears pressed in ill be putting 7 gram weights. I wonder what ill top out at ;)
Attachments
after exhaust.jpg
after exhaust.jpg (11.25 KiB) Viewed 6217 times
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Do you let your buddy do any of the work? haha! You just need to come over and start wrenching on my Sh1T lol. Good job, cant wait to see the gains with the gears. :urban:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

He runs the errands for parts and what not . Id let him do some of the work but i would hate for him to mess up something then it would turn into a nightmare. Everything is going smooth so far. Hes just learning how these scooters work. I enjoy making it go faster.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Alright after installing gears,Keli Variator with 7 gram weights. Iam hitting 44-45mph :) Lost a little bottom end. So the gears got me 4-5 mph. Does this sound about right? 9:1 gear set. Should i go with the 8 gram weights for more top end?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:Alright after installing gears,Keli Variator with 7 gram weights. Iam hitting 44-45mph :) Lost a little bottom end. So the gears got me 4-5 mph. Does this sound about right? 9:1 gear set. Should i go with the 8 gram weights for more top end?
It does sound about right for stock clutch springs. So I guess if you have not done so already, try installing a 1000 rpm contra spring in the clutch. That should let your motor rev a little more as you are taking off from dead stopped. It should shift better than what it is now, and as you know already, there's no more neck-snapping take-offs due to the 9:1's vs the 12:1's so the heavier spring helps a lot. The 7g weights should work ok maybe 7.5's Good luck with the project! Bones
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Could you send me the link or color of the spring you are talking about on SSS ? Thanks a lot.
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

I believe that's the blue contra.

Maybe its like this...
Blue: 1,000
Yellow: 1,500
Red: 2,000

Is this right?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:Could you send me the link or color of the spring you are talking about on SSS ? Thanks a lot.
Try a pm to graphite9 ask which one is 1000. Typically it's a blue color.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I still have the 2nd tab in my airbox cover. I havent knocked it out yet. no temp gauge either. Maybe i should just leave it be
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Snag the gauge off your aero to get some readings.