Honda Elite SP de restrict

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Honda Elite SP de restrict

Post by jakubman1 »

How do i de restrict the elite SP model? It goes variator,drilling exhaust washer out,and up the main jet? Sounds about right? And zip tie the oil pump or something?

Currently goes 30mph. I wanna buy this one for a friend. Its a 1998 model with 3,000 miles. for 500$. It was layed down.
What do you think ?
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda Elite SP de restrict

Post by MrJumps »

500 with a title is nice
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MentalJunkyard
BMX
BMX

Post by MentalJunkyard »

I've been told that opening up the oil pump isn't needed unless you are running a bigger displacement. I have a '96 myself, and have been asking the same questions. Funny thing is, it would seem that most of the re-restricting had already been done. There was no washer in the exhaust, and the plate had been removed from the variator. I'm still limited to right at 30 mph, but I believe that is due to flat-spotted rollers not pushing the belt out all the way, and possibly the main jet. There are a couple of threads on the SA50P derestricting on this forum, and a lot of knowledgeable people
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ok so this thing says it does 25mph on speedo. Dang sure feels like it but acceleration the front wheel will pick up.
What size Main jet should i be replacing with? A #78? All i done so far was top off with good injector 2 stroke oil and cleaned the air filter and oiled it after. Is the exhaust washer in the end of the exhaust where it bolts on the cylinder?
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

SSS has two types of mallossi belts. The ZX and the stock which one should i go for?
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Do I need to zip tie my oil pump open?

Do I need to knock out 2nd tab on airbox? Or just no up jet and no knockout tab? Or can I just.up jet and leave tab.
I am scared and confused

I'm getting a #78 jet with keli variator and 9:1 gears . And drilling out exhaust washer.

I don't wanna burn my buddy's scooter
Everything else is stock.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

You shouldnt have to knock the tab out, I belive you need to go up in jet size by --- jet sizes when you drill the washer. Its somewhere on here. I cNt find it atm but just stay posted.

Your friend is gonna love the variator and the belt i belive is stock but as im gonna say that I have never owned the bike. So hold on for a bit and lets see if anyone has anything to add.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Thank you for the reply. Yes I've read about two pages of.posts and it's just a little confusing cause people are saying yes knock it out or no.....or yes zip tie the oil pump then no. I just need a solid answer before I up jet to #78 and do the tranny stuff cause I also read that it'll rev higher since I'll be hitting 45+

I am on stand by :thumbsup:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I'm using the stock belt but.gonna put a keli variator with 8gram weights and 9:1 gears . The oem is like new
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

Do you have a 78 jet or do you have to order it? I think i have a 78 i can bring you so you can get going instead of waiting. Ill check in the morning.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I bought.one :) but the time it gets here I.should have the other parts in...

On second thought ill take you up on the offer ! Do you need any parts for your spree ?
R1Titan911
Elite
Elite

Post by R1Titan911 »

No dude remember i have a whole nother spree i'm pulling parts from lol! Unless you got a handfull of new shiny acorn nuts!

Thanks and ill contact you tomorrow about that jet.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Here is my exhaust off the 1998 sa50P
Attachments
Sa50P exhaust
Sa50P exhaust
blake exhaust.jpg (52.32 KiB) Viewed 7898 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Ive never dealt with the exhaust washer since mine is an 87' se50p but from the picture it looks like that ring is just tack welded in there. With a dremel tool and a steady hand you might be able to grind them welds off and pop it out with a screwdriver...am I wrong? Im sure youd want to take extra caution to not booger up the surface the gasket sits on.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I wonder if I can get away with just zip tie the oil pump and adding 1 ounce to the tank for fill ups . Installing gears soon. Mine already Had the 78 jet