What do you think about this elite S set up?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: What do you think about this elite S set up?

Post by MrJumps »

I wouldnt say the pg sucks g9, its a good tawi pipe and one a tawi bore it makes good power all around. Not everyone wants a crazy powerfull race"corsa" bore with a crazy pipe. Many people run pg shorts on the corsa, some later on switch to a tuned pipe but not everyone wants that. I would say a good set up for the pits would be what ive built, maybe leave the stock gears but the 50mm bore and pg short with stock clutch and keli vari is a solid setup and its "done right". I do agree though that you are throwing away 2000 rpm if you go with a "suck" pipe but hes using it as a pit bike. Those pgs and v8s will make the low end this guy wants for a 1/4th the price and the only thing wrong with the setup is it wouldnt be the elitist setup. Im sorry g9, but your making me upset by saying a pipe that is a good mid range pipe is crap because there is better. Thats like saying every car is crap besides the supercars. I do see where your coming from though, and a message to the OP is that you have so many choices for pipes and bores that are the "right and good" choice in many difrent opinions.

I do get where you all are coming from I just think everyone isnt taking a step back and looking at what op wants.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

making blanket statements about other parts is very inaccurate too though. Thank you for restating that.
Last edited by MrJumps on Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I'm with G9 on this one. And it's from personal experience. Taiwan parts aren't the best quality and you end up with rattling pipes, leaking cylinders, leaking intakes. I have learned if you're gonna do it, do it right. Don't cheap out on the exhaust, intake, bore, and carb imo. I personally have a corsa, arrow bike and it makes great all around power. Power kicks on hard in the midrange. I have ran cast kits and the corsa arrow makes more power in the low end than the casts built for "low end" do. Just my 2 cents
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

tsweers89 wrote:
benji wrote:I would change 3 things. I don't think you need a delete plug if your just gonna use it as pit-transportation, and being able to fill up anywhere is nice. I would go w a polini belt not the malossi kevlar, I heard that the malossi kevlar isn't great but I've personally had the polini belt and it's perfect. I would also go w an upgraded flange mount carb (oem style) or a regular big valve intake and a pwk carb. The Tillotson setup is cool, but 2-3 times more money and doesn't have a choke or filter. For quick rides in the pits, get a more conventional carb setup and save some beer money.
Well if I get the polini carb set up its $269 + a jet kit so almost the same as the tillotson and can tune it on the fly why turning the dials instead of taking it apart and swapping jets and such until it's ok. Also will gain some response from the tillotson. I usually fill gas up at the trailer when it's low so I can have some premix all ready to go in a gas can. Also will be carrying some extra in the seat. I will take your advice on the belt though. Thanks
The polini carbs sound great (I've never had one) but I was referring to something a little more "economical" like a larger oem style carb or pwk carb and ct manifold. I know guys don't really like em on this forum but oko carbs do work reliably and there like $75 new. Also, i thought the polini cp had a flange mount adapter for the oem intake and was cheaper than that, but I might be wrong. And on the oil pump delete plug- I have one, and I swear it does actually increase performance and it seems like it's easier to tune w just pre-mix, but if I build another bike (which I am) I'm gonna keep the oiling system just for ease. Premix probably is better for the motor but I've heard of guys going years on bbks w the oil pumps still going strong.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

About the polini and malossi sport pipe thing - my bad,wrong forum. I've been looking at stuff for my horizontal mina motor and I got mixed up. Although I thought this pipe would work? May be outta production tho, but I think it fits the af16/18?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/MARMITTA-POLINI-P ... ING_ACTIVE
Last edited by benji on Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I found it awhile back but couldn't ever figure out what it might fit. Anyway, I was just suggesting a sport pipe of some kind just for the torque and fuel mileage and longevity blah blah. But I'm not the expert on this setup - just throwing out an opinion.
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

I ran a Corsa and long for quite awhile and yes it rattled and yes it only revs to 10k but it was a solid 70mph bike that would climb the crap out of anything and wouldn't die. Even with a broken exhaust stud and WOT with 425+degree temps for over a 20 min run the d*** thing wouldn't blow. Moral of the story is the Corsa is a beast paired with just about anything. You just have a couple of different levels of crazy. Kinda crazy-FN nuts-batshiit crazy.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I don't sell ct or any other brand, and I never had problems with the reeds that came with mine. I was afraid to buy one until a couple of the older cats on here told me there's are doing fine.

I thought some of the visions came w a different motor, one w a different exhaust angle. I see 2 of them listed on some sites, one that lists af05 parts and one that lists parts for an sh50. I thought maybe it was for the straight exhaust port motor since I heard someone somewhere say polini doesn't make af05 parts. I could be wrong tho, I've been wrong before.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

If this does fit the aero then this is good news for us af05 guys cus this guy has a few of these pipes in stock. They come in black too.