What do you think about this elite S set up?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tsweers89
Noob
Noob

What do you think about this elite S set up?

Post by tsweers89 »

This will be my first build. Using it as a pit bike at the race track. It's smoking pretty badly right now so figured instead of just doing a stock rebuild I'd get some more speed out of it. Not doing gears just yet as I usually can't get above 40-45mph in the pits anyways so acceleration is what I'm more interested in. Decided to go with the jetless carb do to easily tuning it and not deal with pulling jets or such.

Scoot only has 4k miles so don't think I will be separating the cases. Want to go through the whole thing at the same time. New tires, brakes, all hoses etc. Weres is the best place to get these things? Are stock brakes ok?
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: What do you think about this elite S set up?

Post by Ben L. »

I'd suggest changing one part at a time, especially for a first build. You don't need half of those parts.

If its just for running the pits I'd keep the stock set up de- restricted and put lighter weights in the bike.

Mine pulled wheelies with all the stock parts.
tsweers89
Noob
Noob

Post by tsweers89 »

Ben L. wrote:I'd suggest changing one part at a time, especially for a first build. You don't need half of those parts.

If its just for running the pits I'd keep the stock set up de- restricted and put lighter weights in the bike.

Mine pulled wheelies with all the stock parts.
That is exactly what I don't want to do unfortunately. Doing a little at a time adds up to much more time invested into it then doing it all at once from the beginning. Also as stated it's smoking badly and more then likely needs a piston/rings so I am going BBK. Talked with scooterswapshop and this is what he thought would be the best set up.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

That's over $1200 in parts...... :crazy:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
tsweers89
Noob
Noob

Post by tsweers89 »

Meatball wrote:That's over $1200 in parts...... :crazy:
I figure if I'm going to do it then I'm going to do it right and get the best parts I can buy so I won't be replacing/upgrading anything else in the near future.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

that is a pretty powerful build i would throw 9:1 gears into it too, maybe an actual air filter too, the foam ones filter and arnt any worst than the bell mouth.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
tsweers89
Noob
Noob

Post by tsweers89 »

MrJumps wrote:that is a pretty powerful build i would throw 9:1 gears into it too, maybe an actual air filter too, the foam ones filter and arnt any worst than the bell mouth.
With the jetless carb the way you choke it is to cover the intake opening with your hand so with a foam filter it would be kind of hard to do that.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

That setup will be bulletproof. I also would run a real filter, when you don't run the clutch cover little peices of rubber will come off your belt and you don't want those in your engine. And it will pull extremely hard with stock gears :rock:
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I would change 3 things. I don't think you need a delete plug if your just gonna use it as pit-transportation, and being able to fill up anywhere is nice. I would go w a polini belt not the malossi kevlar, I heard that the malossi kevlar isn't great but I've personally had the polini belt and it's perfect. I would also go w an upgraded flange mount carb (oem style) or a regular big valve intake and a pwk carb. The Tillotson setup is cool, but 2-3 times more money and doesn't have a choke or filter. For quick rides in the pits, get a more conventional carb setup and save some beer money.
Last edited by benji on Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Also, I'd get a street performance exhaust unless you want to adjust that clutch to release at 6-8k. Yasuni pipes are great, but expansion chambers typically produce less hp down low than oem setups. Polini and malossi both make performance exhausts that arnt loud and make lots of torque w a 70cc kit.
52much
Spree
Spree

Post by 52much »

:coolcruise: I have many af16 for pit bikes. You will want to go with 9:1 ratio, with those engine modes. I tried one elite without it. It seemed like it got up to speed fast. But didn't go that fast and wasn't as much fun. You won't regret it.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

That set up is gonna rip! Like you said gears wont be necessary for the pits, that set up alone will do 55 easy. I have the corsa arrow also, it throws mad wheelies and terrifies everyone that gets on it! I'm running stock clutch with 6000 rpm clutch springs, so if anyhing you dont need is that, Plus a set of 3 clutch springs is only $20 from SSS. But unsure if that tollitson comes with intake, you should def get the naraku, maybe swap for the clutch, there about the same price.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
tsweers89
Noob
Noob

Post by tsweers89 »

benji wrote:I would change 3 things. I don't think you need a delete plug if your just gonna use it as pit-transportation, and being able to fill up anywhere is nice. I would go w a polini belt not the malossi kevlar, I heard that the malossi kevlar isn't great but I've personally had the polini belt and it's perfect. I would also go w an upgraded flange mount carb (oem style) or a regular big valve intake and a pwk carb. The Tillotson setup is cool, but 2-3 times more money and doesn't have a choke or filter. For quick rides in the pits, get a more conventional carb setup and save some beer money.
Well if I get the polini carb set up its $269 + a jet kit so almost the same as the tillotson and can tune it on the fly why turning the dials instead of taking it apart and swapping jets and such until it's ok. Also will gain some response from the tillotson. I usually fill gas up at the trailer when it's low so I can have some premix all ready to go in a gas can. Also will be carrying some extra in the seat. I will take your advice on the belt though. Thanks
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

You need a oil plug if your going bbk, a tilton woukd better suit your needs for sure and yes the price is about the same either way if you look into it real good. Unless your brought all the parts secound hand.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Quote: " It's smoking pretty badly right now so figured instead of just doing a stock rebuild I'd get some more speed out of it."

Yea, that's what 2 strokes do is smoke a lot. By the way, what kind of race track is it?...
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861