Honda spree fork swap to elite fork

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Honda spree fork swap to elite fork

Post by jakubman1 »

Does anyone know any posts where someone has taken the elite sa50 front forks and swapped it into the spree? Im trying to see how i should do it correctly and how it will turn out. Swapping the wheel and all into the spree for my engine swap. Thanks

Jakub
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Honda spree fork swap to elite fork

Post by Meatball »

Ive seen it done. Requires cutting/welding the Spree stem to fit the Elite forks and the fender plastic needs to be butchered also. Its quite a bit of effort to end up with stock elite forks/shocks/brakes....seems like it'd be more practical to upgrade the whole she-bang if you go through that much trouble. Those new stems that SSS has are pricey, IMO, but if youre looking for an upgrade those are the best way to go. Of course, then you have to piece together all the other components: Calipers, rotors, legs, axels, axle pullers etc...which would increase the investment drastically.

I know the Spree front forks/shocks are wimpy and the Elite ones are definitely an upgrade but...not that much.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Go disc brake front - you are swapping in a dio! I have a dio stem that could work.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
akurtzer57
Goped
Goped

Post by akurtzer57 »

I did it on mine. Made it ride alot better. My spree forks were shot and I had the parts laying around. Not the greatest looking but better than stock imo.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

i aint looking to spend a lot into this thing haha. Its what i had laying around.
akurtzer57
Goped
Goped

Post by akurtzer57 »

Some dont like look of mine. But im happy with it way it handles etc. in time i may do something better. I was lucky bought a 01 sa50 with 800 miles for $150 just ratty to swap build my spree.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Where do the NCY things go?
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I have a couple spree's and an elite all with NCY disk setups on them. All stop and handle 100% better than stock. I think they are very important when you get the bike to 60+ because the drum brakes can be unsafe if you have to stop in a hurry. Some lady pulled in front of me at about 65 this summer and if I had stock brakes my spree and me would have been in her trunk. It is quite expensive but get on the ruckus forums and you can find them for a deal from people parting their ruckus builds. On a budget the elite would be a lot better than the spree front end, but I agree with Brandon it isn't the prettiest
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

To my knowledge no one offers a bolt on kit right?
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
coctailer
BMX
BMX

Post by coctailer »

Gearhart wrote:Image
I have a couple spree's and an elite all with NCY disk setups on them. All stop and handle 100% better than stock. I think they are very important when you get the bike to 60+ because the drum brakes can be unsafe if you have to stop in a hurry. Some lady pulled in front of me at about 65 this summer and if I had stock brakes my spree and me would have been in her trunk. It is quite expensive but get on the ruckus forums and you can find them for a deal from people parting their ruckus builds. On a budget the elite would be a lot better than the spree front end, but I agree with Brandon it isn't the prettiest
Do the "NCY disk setups" come as a kit?
Are those Ruckus forks that just drop in? Or do you need to weld on a Ruck tube?

I'll be in Portland next week. I need to stop by Scooter Swap Shop with a shopping cart and load it up. :coolcruise:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Does metro stand for metropolitan forks?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:Does metro stand for metropolitan forks?
Yes. Met or Metro = same
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
coctailer
BMX
BMX

Post by coctailer »

graphite9 wrote:Nice! so there is no bolt on disk kit for the spree. I do have it for the elite. You can get it for the elite and shorten it to fit spree pretty easily.

About two years ago, i did bring up the idea of a bolt on kit, complete with wheels for $550. People were disgusted with the price and wanted it for $250. That being impossible, That ship sailed, and I got billet stems for elite made by ncy. This stem can be cut shortened or weld the spree stem to the top. Not hard to do. As for parts, I have it all. stems, forks, axles, brakes, calipers, adapters, master lines etc.
Sweet!!

I'll just leave my Visa at your place. I'm sure you will be using it more than I will. :lol:
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

When are you coming into town coctailer?
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
coctailer
BMX
BMX

Post by coctailer »

Rip_City_Spree wrote:When are you coming into town coctailer?
I fly in on Tuesday for a week.
I commute back and forth between Grand Rapids and Portland.

I'm a Portland native.