I just picked up a elite af16..or dio? Right?. what next?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Re: I just picked up a elite af16..or dio? Right?. what next

Post by stevespree7 »

i got booted because i had beef with their "leader guy". things are almost patched up any ways. They had this weird Frenemy thing going on. i called them out and got booted. a few others felt the same i guess, and things have gotten better so I've heard. i just haven't been let back in because i haven't shown up at any meets. because i haven't wanted to. ("I am a loner dotty") i will go back soon i suppose. but it would be funny to have a scooter. a kick * scooter. that i can rip wheelies on. (I will only troll a little. ;-) )

when i started motor two wheeled what nots, i heard from the guy i bought my spree from, these motors can be made crazy. he wanted it so bad he sold me the unfinished spree to get one with a bent motor mount. I have love for all bikes so i finished his job, and added the MLM pipe and am working on balancing the crank, high /comp mods. I am almost finished with the spree. hitting 42 on good days. just learning to port so i am going to give it a go on the stock jug first for practice this winter, then i have 3 BBK jugs to work with. and tuning clutch now. going to make a post soon , because i need help finding a decent clutch for it. this stock GY6 is not cutting it. anyways when the spree is done i need another scooter project around.

I have just been working on bikes a lot lately. trying to get super good at all builds, not just mopeds. I am just finishing this beautiful CT90 that i have put an extreme amount of polishing into. I like a moped project and a scooter project at the same time. and flip back and forth. also a restore project in there too. the CT90s are my current restore projects. sometimes i like to just clean and sand and paint. it is the most rewarding feeling ever when done. i want to make one fast moped, and one fast scooter. i wanted the scooter to be 98cc or 125cc. just because that sounds nuts. but if the mark up is that much that really sucks. also i already know the quality is much less. just hoping someone here would either confirm my fears, for tell me to get the Taiwanese kits. looks like italian is the way to go. water cooled ey? so the affordable fast bike is what i want. haha. whats the difference in price between the lower stage and bumping up to the polini carb and stuff? man... polini everything? and water cooled? what was i thinkng, thats gotta be fast. I just want it to be as faster than a kitted hobbit, and have a scootery feel.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

stevespree7 wrote:("I am a loner dotty")
Nice Pee Wee Herman reference...lol...don't let Francis steal your bike!
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Post by stevespree7 »

lame.... i dont want to cut the case unless i find another. polini suppose. if i can optimize the case for flow still though, i will.

so for whats the difference in price between the bare bones corsa set up, and the and the polini err thing set up? i gotta sell some bike to make the mark.

(thanks man! I want to make a peewee herman themed vespa bravo soon here) :-)
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

So wait you have a spree set up with a bbk and mlm pipe and an af16 or are you refering to the sprees motor as an af16? The af16 is variated, and the 2 motors share 0 parts.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
MysticPurpEliteS
Noob
Noob

Post by MysticPurpEliteS »

Hey Guys!
I also am just getting into this realm and was hoping more of you had full specs on your mild af16 builds that I could use as ideas and pointers for my own setup, I currently have a 66cc Ruima Bore, CT Manifold, 28mm OKO carb, everything else is stock, currently toping out at 45mph right now and would like to gain some input on some initial mods to get me moving a little faster with my current size bore, basically curious of tested variator, clutch, roller weight, and gearing modifications to get my top speed up there a bit more, any help would be greatly appreciated!
akurtzer57
Goped
Goped

Post by akurtzer57 »

I Need these wheels and fork setup on my spree looks 100x better than the elite setup.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Corsa, yasuni/arrow/polini pipe, stage 6/naruku intake, polini carb, throttle cable, jets, rollers, contra, clutch springs, temp guage for around 8-$900 = 60mph+wheelies, smoking mopeds, ruckus, groms all day... And looking tight.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

fast, reliable, cheap...you can only pick two.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

corsa, scorp pipe, smaller polini carb, gears 9:1 and a keli variator with rollers, yellow contra and a triplet spring set on stock clutch and you have a hella fast setup that combines both of the best worlds.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Post by stevespree7 »

I have a spree with a BBK, MLM people's pipe, GY6 clutch, racing gears, and that s about it.

just picked up the elite to put on an extra spree frame i have laying around. i might keep it on the elite frame after hearing how much nicer they are... but i really want that crazy speed. i figured it would be cheaper to achieve on the smaller frame setup. also, i just like sprees, they are so cute! i just want to have one that wheelies. cant get my spree clutch to engage fast enough to do wheelies right now. I could see myself stripping down the elite to get closer to spree weight? but the frame is so ugly. .... sooooo ugly! if i can somehow make it look nice, i will go that way, but every naked elite i have seen so far is barf city.