Low dollar to high dollar budget estimates to use a 48mm BBK

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Low dollar to high dollar budget estimates to use a 48mm

Post by jakubman1 »

benji wrote:And here's my personal intake manifold...
It's legal here!
It's actually interesting you bring up the "bong vs. Air/fuel mix" anaolgy. In my (and most others) bong is a "carburetor"- the bowl piece is removable, allowing the "user"(heh) to modulate the amount of pure smoke inhaled, mixing it with fresh,cool atmospheric air. It then runs the mixture through a water reservoir to cool the charge air and filter out any particulates.

And now you know why most of my posts are edited a couple of times haha. Short term memory loss is * on editing.

Same ! :lol:
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Look, it has the INFAMOUS KITACO on it!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382082584527

But look at that price and consider what an engine swap will run ya.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The seller's in Hawai'i. I think he reversed the item cost and the shipping cost...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

I know right!!

Unless he is taking a hit on shipping to the states.

So lets add up the value of what we know he is offering.

AF05 Engine, Tazland BBK & Gears, Kitaco Intake, and some sort of performance carb.

So, subtract $175 from his $600 asking for the taz bbk and gears, you get $425. Say a hundred for the carb, that's $325 to the value of the Kitaco and block/crank. He doesn't list which reeds are being used, though hunting down SB50 isn't too hard.

So subtract known part prices, only go by what he values the block and intake at, which is $325.

Subtract what an average AF05 block goes for on eBay, and that is the price difference you will pay to obtain a very rare Kitaco upgraded Spree engine.. I guess you'd have to send more later on if the reeds were not SB50, but otherwise, it's a very tempting offer.

But like you said... $25 shipping?? From Hawaii?? If that's the true shipping cost, then given where it is located, it might not be a bad buy after all. Very tempting though.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Meatball wrote:I wont say "I told you so" later....but I'll be thinking it. Good luck to you.
He didn't say it, but he has every right to think it hahaha. I'm swapping an elite in just like he suggested! Rode his and killed my BBK dreams!
Last edited by Jonadz on Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Bet you had a big smile on your face after driving Meatball's scoot. And that's the thing.. yes you can search high and low to make the Spree go faster, but you have the Flinstone take offs, and limits in how fast you can go because of the lack of CVT. Much better to just swap em out.
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

Yep, bbk and Taz gears currently and honestly don't even want to ride it as it is! I have to many hills in my area and basically have to get off and walk it. Bbk makes up for a little bit not enough to hold my interest.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Yeah, that's the power difference between stock intake and an aftermarket one. An aftermarket one really opens it up and lets it do it's thing. I'm gonna have to post a video one of these times to show the kind of acceleration mine has. Mine doesn't quite have that flintstone takeoff, but it could be better. After about 10mph though, look out!!

Even though, I still can't wait to do the swap on my other Spree to the variated AF05E. Right now I'm focusing on the body, I'll get to the swap later in the year then toss it up on the dyno and see what kind of numbers I'm hitting with it. I expect it will do better then my kids scooter

http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/1 ... tte-taotao

that has the 139QMB with a 72cc(80cc) BBK, A9 cam, performance carb, Polini/Mallosi CVT, custom made free flow pipe, etc..

Her's might be a cute little pink scooter, but it has some serious nutz. My Spree can't even come close. I can maybe beat her on the top end, but by then, I'm pushing over 11 grand while her scooter is at 7500-8000. My belief, is just because it CAN go past 11 grand, doesn't mean you SHOULD take it there. It promotes a longer BBK life and that is why mine is trouble free. But AGAIN, this is why I say the BBK for a Spree should be limited to only the SERIOUS BBK enthusiasts, not the guys out looking for speed.

My other blue TaoTao that I recently sold does better as well. The kid that owns it now is tall and skinny, he can push it up to 55mph on GPS. Best I could ever squeeze out of it is 51 and I'm a big guy, so I can easily see him doing 55 with it.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

benji wrote:And I'd post a pic if photo bucket worked...

Here it is. On the lower right in pic.
Benji, you should get with Brandon over at SSS. I know your tuning views differ, but he does have a source for CNC and he does have the business available to buy something at a reasonable price not found on eBay.

He just did some awesome CNC keychains (bought a yellow one). The guy who made him is like right across the road or something.

https://scooterswapshop.com/products/sc ... -keychains

If he can get those cut, he could easily get that adapter you have duplicated and available to everyone else.

Seriously... who needs a d*** fancy Japanese Tact (Kitaco) intake when you have an adapter that will let you put in a proper reed system that's even better then using ported SB50 reeds.

Port that block out with that adapter, you got yourself a little beast Spree that you can use a 19mm carb with on like a Dio intake system with 4 reeds and whatever carb your experimental heart desires.

Seriously dude.. that adapter NEEDS to come to market.

Getting the BBK to run right on a Spree is hard and expensive, yet TAZ is selling these kits like crazy these days even though people read the info and heed some of the warnings and findings.

A simple intake adapter plate just makes it all a snap. So that means an increase in Taz's sales, and of course, more of those adapters needed by enthusiasts. So there is a potential market for Brandon to capitalize on if he is willing to make the initial investment. Which in turn, means more jobs and well.. more "MEAN SPREES" out on the road.

It has been my long held belief, that the way forward for our country is not going to come down to innovation, it will bounce back thanks to "RESTORATION". So yeah man... get ahold of Brandon, or even try TAZ. Let's find a way to keep these awesome Sprees alive!!