Best bang for th buck with SE50 for more MPH.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Best bang for th buck with SE50 for more MPH.

Post by Weezerjerry »

Hi everyone! I've got an SE50 in my spree with a stock motor, 19mm polini cp carb, polini vari, and stock clutch and 6.5 gram rollers in the vari.

I have a budget of about $350 and am looking for suggestions to get me going faster without totally killing acceleration. I'm currently doing right about 40MPH weather depending (a lot of rain lately killing my top speed with all the water getting to my filter).

G9 suggests malossi BBK and head to start with. What do the rest of you suggest? I'm hoping to see a steady 45mph no problem and maybe approach 50mph.

Thoughts? I don't want to do an af16 swap as part of the fun is tinkering with what you've got! One day I might go af16 but not right now.

Thanks!

Jerry
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Re: Best bang for th buck with SE50 for more MPH.

Post by Meloshameless »

Intake. Naraku or stage 6. G9's adapter is required. When i added the carb (21mm polini cp) and intake to the bbk on my afo5 it made the most noticeable difference in acceleration. Then i did his polini evo clutch/bell combo which also really helped get it off the line quick.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

A bbk would do well with the mods you already have. If you put on a 90/90 rear and a big bore kit, you should have no problem getting to 45.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

benji,

Stupid question here but what is a 90/90 rear? Are you talking about the center spring in the rear?

Thanks!
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Its a taller rear tire, essentially up gearing without getting the malossi gears, which kill bottom end cuz there very tall.
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

I currently have a 3.0 rear tire on there. Is the head worth doing with the bbk? What size roller weights would you recommend with the Polini Variator? Also does anyone have a suggestion where to start jet wise with the 19mm Polini and BBK with head? I am currently running a pretty small main jet but it runs best with it and temps are under control so I went with it. I think I am running a 70 main is all...

Thanks!
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I found the lighter rollers that came with the kit worked better. I think there 6.2 or 6.3 gram. But i also had the bbk naraku intake and polini contra spring set. White and blue and the white worked better. My jetting was 36/104 give or take 1 up or down on either. Its been a while since that set-up. But keep in mind i had intake and 21mm carb plus i weigh 130 and my altitude/humidity is also different. So thats a baseline, u really just gotta play with it.
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Thanks Meloshameless! That's a great starting point for me! I'll let you all know how it goes! How fast did yours go with that setup?
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Mine would do 45-50 on flats. I had stock pipe/gears. I drilled 3 holes in the last baffle of the pipe. And i also did some porting on the bottom of the bbk. The transfer ports on the afo5 case are a bit larger than on the malossi bbk. The stock base gasket will show u what to remove, that of course is more risky and optional.
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

Oh and lmk if u want g9's intake adapter, i work in the couve quite often, actually going up there today. its just laying around in my spare parts, ill just give it to u free. Pm me for phone #. We can meet up if u like.
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Well, I picked up the BBK and head. Next will be the intake. Still trying to track down a pipe for this thing...

Now on to the annoyingly slow break in of the BBK....
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

But a polini carb kit in either 19,21, or 23mm any size around that. Get the intake, carb cable, carb, filter, and jets all in one bundle nice and easy.

A smaller carb is easier to tune and gives snappy throttle but limits rpm if you go too small. A larger carb opens the top end a little, is laggy, and can be much harder to tune.
As for a pipe, I dont think anyoen is making.one right now for anything larger than stock bore.

I know PatTheSoundGuy will know about finding the pipe.

For 8ntake go stage 6, get the adapter from Mel and order a 21mm cp with a set of main and idle jets and a carble cable.

As for what jets to order I would say talk to g9 about jets and rollers he knows these little spec things well.

But as for a pipe Pat should know, if not try Treatland, put up a wtb on here, or lastly ebay but beware many people miss lable the pipes on ebay for many motors.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Thanks MrJumps. I have a 19mm Polini CP already installed from my stock bore and now it's on the BBK.

What mix should I run after the break in? Stock oil pump is still installed and functioning but what should I add to that?
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

For jetting. Get the 100-118 set for mains and the 32-40 for pilot. Confirm there for cp carbs cuz there is a difference
corsa
naruku
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Yasuni C16
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Can you run an oil plug on that motor? Oil pump plus mox always ends bad. If you cant run a oil plug, grind the gears off the oil pump and take a piece of fuel tube and loop it to both nipples on the oil pump to keep it from leaking air. Oil pumps have no buisness in the performance world.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship: