Lighting option

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Lighting option

Post by Weezerjerry »

Has anyone looked at figuring out how to mount something like a magic shine bike light inside the spree light? I'm trying to find a good solution even if it runs on external power of its own... this is what I'm wondering about:

https://www.magicshine.us/product/mj-90 ... ike-light/

Thoughts? I've seen the HID mod option, I'm just trying to find a good LED option.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Re: Lighting option

Post by Meloshameless »

Cool idea. It runs off (x2) e-cig batteries. Lol. I have that "as seen on tv" tac light. It can run off the same. Very powerful light. This one u linked is even more bright. Only prob is if u run outta juice on a long trip, unless u rig a charging system or carry (x2) extra batteries, which they're only 10-$15 ea. Not sure how much sight distance u will get. If anything add along with stock head lamp.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Those batteries are also the same cells in some older Dell laptop batteries (which I have a ton of! I'm an IT guy...) and can rig something up to hold maybe 6 or 8 of them to run that sucker for a long time and have an extra pack so they can charge while I am using the other one... We shall see if I bite the bullet and pick one up. I am just trying to get the Spree with the SE50 going closer to 50MPH for my longer commute starting in a couple of months. Then I will need a light to help in the shorter days.
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

You could add up the batteries it takes to see what voltage it runs on...I'm guessing like 3 volts. If so, you could make a dc-to-dc converter from 12v to 3v to run it.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

They run 3.7 volts.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Do you know what current? If so I think you might just be able to use a heat-resistant resistor
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

I think your right on with the DC to DC converter, should be easy to do that way, I just need to figure out how to mount that sucker in the headlight.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

I have put two led lights in my stock spree headlight. Wired through a relay so when I turn the key they come on.
Weezerjerry
Spree
Spree

Post by Weezerjerry »

Gearhart, how do they perform? Can you point me to some specifics? Like what LEDs you used and how you wired up the relay?

Thanks!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I personally use h10 led headlight bulbs, they fit into the stock headlight nicely.
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

They are little 1 1/2-2 inch trail light that you can buy on Amazon and eBay. They perform Amazing and are super bright. As for wiring I just run them right to the battery as they are DC. I also wire a relay inline to the ignition so when the ignition turns on they get power, you can just as easily wire them to a switch. Look in my "scooter collection" thread, I have them molded into the stock headlights in my spree and elite.