Recommendations needed for intake on 50mm af16e

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Awdunman
Noob
Noob

Recommendations needed for intake on 50mm af16e

Post by Awdunman »

Running stock carb, pipe, variator, with a tiawan 50mm bbk and 9:1 gears I get 53mph solid. I upjetted the main jet to who knows what, it came with the kit. I ever so slightly reamed out the pilot jet with a wire the same diameter of the pilot jet.

That out of the way, I know I can do better than 53 (66) work a vari and belt from a gy6)

But what I want to do next is upgrade the carb and intake, I need to know the best way to acquire an oko carb (28mm?) Throttle cable and intake or adapter for the intake to carb, (the cheaper route) and mainly I need to know where to start with the jetting, which jet kits and a good starting point.

Help me out fellas, would ya?
Awdunman
Noob
Noob

Re: Recommendations needed for intake on 50mm af16e

Post by Awdunman »

I fried one already, but it took 6k miles, I figured it was because I was running it with a pod air filter, I'll get an exhaust this week and get back with ya's
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

cheap, reliable and fast....you can only choose two.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Awdunman
Noob
Noob

Post by Awdunman »

Oddly unhelpful. One guy tells me to get a pipe, so I order a pipe from his website, pay him, then he refunds the money without a word. The next guy doesn't tell me anything at all.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

which guys are that ?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Guys come on here and ask for the "fix" for a such-and-such modified scooter but don't care to read the plethora of great information available here. It takes time, yes. But it saves much money and future time when one could be out riding instead. Just my 2 cents. Maybe try the "search" feature and you'll get your scoot running?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Awdunman
Noob
Noob

Post by Awdunman »

Scooter runs great, just wanted to get recommendations for intake upgrades. So no more discussions? Just search? Ok got it.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You were given great information from g9. And you're just dismmising it by saying "no more discussions? Just search?".
It's at this point people are not going to try to help you anymore you may find.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I highly doubt if you bought a pipe from g9s website he would just refund you with no heads up.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Yea he DID recommend stuff so what the heck :/
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Awdunman wrote: what I want to do next is upgrade the carb and intake, I need to know the best way to acquire an oko carb (28mm?) Throttle cable and intake or adapter for the intake to carb, (the cheaper route)
The best way to get an oko carb is to order it from oko - they'll even help you set it up, and also offer a jetting service. There's so many knock-off oko's out there I think the best/cheapest way is direct.

A CT manifold will be a cheap decent intake upgrade; but I would suggest sanding all gasket-mating surfaces until they are flat, there notorious for leaking if you dont. Also, some people have had trouble with the Reed cages that come with the CT manifolds- I suggest buying an oem kawasaki kx65 Reed block, it'll fit with a little work.

For a Throttle and cable, I'd look for a motocross version off ebay. Cheap and universal.

Good luck bud, motormike is selling an intake in the for sale section I believe!
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I heard that the CT and OKO stuff isnt worth it. Like the quality is cheap
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

It depends on how much you spend haha. I think a naruku intake or other brand might be better, but also costs A LOT more. CT manis aren't bad if your willing to sand the mating surfaces flat and swap out reeds, and honestly you should be doing reeds anyway probably. Reeds are important for performance. I'm into my CT mani and reeds for less than $50
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

im in like 90$ on the stage6 intake with reeds.

Is stage6 better than Naruku?