BBK with Stock Airbox and Exhaust

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

snowmann
Noob
Noob

BBK with Stock Airbox and Exhaust

Post by snowmann »

I want a little added pep with out the noise of a performance exhaust and or intake setup.

I have a fully unrestricted SE50P - I've updated the exhaust, variator, and airbox to essentially be an SE50.

I was looking at doing a Malossi 70CC kit with out doing any other changes. I would uprate the Main jet only.

As I understand it I won't get the full potential of the kit without the carb and exhaust. I'm fine with this.

What's the consensus? is this viable? stupid? What mainjet would you recommend for the stock airbox,exhaust and carb with this BBK?
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: BBK with Stock Airbox and Exhaust

Post by jakubman1 »

I think its "safer" to get the carb. but use a temp guage
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

It's best to upgrade the carb from stock imo, but I don't think it's necessary if everything else is stock. A Honda dio carb is slightly bigger and adjustable with replaceable idle and main jets. If you don't want to swap out the air box or intake or muffler it's probably the best choice.

I would suggest doing transmission upgrades at the same time- variator and clutch and clutch Springs and contra spring. It'll keep it quite while adjusting the trans to your powerband. I did a malossi multivar and new clutch on my aero 50 before a bbk and it was fun.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Carb will need a 92-100 main depending on filter/box installed onsider the quiet, better-performing Leo Vince SP-3 kit #4447. The stock SE05 exhaust is the single biggest hindrance to performance. The LV opens up an extra 1000-1500 RPM, and the real possibility of 50MPH or more. Even if top speed stays at 45, the Malossi cylinder will accelerate considerably quicker. The vendors claims notwithstanding, a 47mm cylinder makes 65cc.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH