Alternative Ruckus Variator

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

ck_ni
BMX
BMX

Alternative Ruckus Variator

Post by ck_ni »

What other Variators fit into a NB50 AF05E?
I know Ruckus ones can fit, but finding a stock one in the UK is few and far between.
Are there any other variators that fit, I see performance ones for Peugeot ST from poland and france...anyone ever used one of these?
Dont want to go down the rot of engines mods, but a more usable variator / slightly better top speed would be great.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Alternative Ruckus Variator

Post by Meatball »

If you want "better top speed" than stock, you must go aftermarket. There are a few vari's from other models that fit but would give you the same performance as the stock one you have.

There are a few different brands and they can be purchased at a few different places but heres one option... https://scooterswapshop.com/products/se ... i-variator
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

In 2008-09, a member called Scooterwerx posted good results with a stock Ruckus variator. It's larger in diameter than the stocker, enough to make a difference in top speed if the power (or a stiff tailwind) is there. His modified Aero went well over 40 with "Wheelies everywhere". There is a possibility that the stock belt may be too short, and go "too low" on the rear pulley. If it's short enough to jam, it might break. Malossi made a "special" belt for S and 05 transmissions that was a few mm longer, probably for that reason. I'm not sure if it's still available.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Most stuff for an af18 should fit. You might have to use your factory boss tho. Af16 stuff is a different size I think.