Variator De-Restrict Possibility for SE50P?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Variator De-Restrict Possibility for SE50P?

Post by Meatball »

This is an old thread and Im sure the OP is long gone but I was only responding to the misinformation posted by kingdele. His claim was that removing the backing plate on a restricted SE50P variator and using the flat ÔÇ£restrictedÔÇØ ramp plate would net gains....it would not.

Technically, you could use the pulley half of any SA50 variator but the stock 10mm boss would need to be used. However, you would still need to source a ramp plate with a 10mm diameter hole to accommodate the crankshaft.

The ramp plate can be used from an 85ÔÇÖ NB50 Aero, an un-restricted SE50(non-P) or Polini also makes a complete variotor for Af05. The Aero ramp plates were stamped ÔÇ£US2ÔÇØ sold in the USA. Ive seen overseas ramp plates stamped ÔÇ£UK2ÔÇØ (United Kingdom) and ÔÇ£FR2ÔÇØ (France) that are identical to our US version, although, the names of these foregin scooter models escape me.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
bonesv

Re: Variator De-Restrict Possibility for SE50P?

Post by bonesv »

Meatball wrote:This is an old thread and Im sure the OP is long gone but I was only responding to the misinformation posted by kingdele. His claim was that removing the backing plate on a restricted SE50P variator and using the flat ÔÇ£restrictedÔÇØ ramp plate would net gains....it would not.

Technically, you could use the pulley half of any SA50 variator but the stock 10mm boss would need to be used. However, you would still need to source a ramp plate with a 10mm diameter hole to accommodate the crankshaft.

The ramp plate can be used from an 85ÔÇÖ NB50 Aero, an un-restricted SE50(non-P) or Polini also makes a complete variotor for Af05. The Aero ramp plates were stamped ÔÇ£US2ÔÇØ sold in the USA. Ive seen overseas ramp plates stamped ÔÇ£UK2ÔÇØ (United Kingdom) and ÔÇ£FR2ÔÇØ (France) that are identical to our US version, although, the names of these foregin scooter models escape me.
In my previous post, I have pointed out that you could use the ramp plate from the early sa50 elite '88-'93 af05 motor which has the 10mm crankshaft. I mentioned that the use of the stock af05 boss would have to be used with the new pulley. I was pointing this out for anyone "searching" for correct information and I also stated that if I was incorrect, someone please point it out.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861