Spree Dio swap

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Spree Dio swap

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Can some one post a spree/dio swap list or link a build?

I used the search bar/button on the forum nothing, I searched manually as well page after page tell my eyes blead.

Please help or im just going to buy an MLM pipe, (I already have the bbk uninstalled tho :sad: ) and all the taz stuff I can get my paws on 4 the nq50 lol. :bowrofl:

So Im turning to you guys for help.

In the honda civic world we have swap list. radiator, motor mounts, ecu etc... anything like this exsit for the spree/dio swap.

I cant help but notice that the first thing you do to a spree if you want to go faster is swap the engine. :rock:

Yes Im aware of Spree wiki, it shows the motor mount process. Does everything just swap in that easy? Only a motor mount?

Ive done 4 honda engine swaps 2civic (ef& ek), 1 crx(2nd gen), and one integra (da). But.....never a scooter. Im not scared I just want to have all my parts no Im not waiting, piecing it together.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Spree Dio swap

Post by jakubman1 »

I got a motor mount af16
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

SpreeorDie85 wrote: Im not waiting, piecing it together.
You have to "piece it together" to some degree. There isnt a store you can just buy everything you need in one place. A major hurdle is finding an AF16 motor. Sure, there are thousands out there but finding one for sale can be a challenge since availability is constantly dwindling.

Once you find a motor, THEN you can accurately put together a list of additional items needed to complete the swap. Ive bought motors that were 100% "bolt-in" complete with every part & piece still attached (rare) and Ive also bought motors that were basically usable bottom ends. Since youre a savvy car guy, it would be similar to the difference of buying a SHORT BLOCK and a LONG BLOCK for a motor swap on your Civic. The AF16 case itself CAN be hard to find but all of the surrounding components are easily attainable so dont hesitate to buy if its missing a few things.

If youre doing the swap, get a motor in your hands FIRST and go from there. Be prepared to drop 2-3 Hundo on a motor depending on condition and included components. Then an additional Benji or two for things like a shock relocator, rear wheel, brake cable, motor mount, etc.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Thanks for the links and advice. Got a little better picture of how the swap is gonna go. Appreciate it.

Ive been watching this af16 on ebay. Anybody got an ebay engine before?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-AF16-TACT ... 1438.l2649
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

that one is an af05 not af16
SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Sorry their are a few of em. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-AF27-Supe ... 2450795598. Looks like it needs a carb, wheel, some other minor things.
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

SpreeorDie85 wrote:Sorry their are a few of em. http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-AF27-Supe ... 2450795598. Looks like it needs a carb, wheel, some other minor things.
That one is an af18 which is very similar to af16 but has a different system for pumping fuel which is a floor tank compared to the spree/elite under-the-seat tanks. there would need to be some work-arounds for that and the intake manifold which is for a different carb than the elite but that's easy one. Other than that, it's pretty much identical to an af16.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Why don't you ask in the for sale section for a motor? I personally just bought 2 from forum members and know there are a few more for sale if your looking. I wouldn't pay more than $250-300 shipped for a complete af16
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings :

Be aware that the 1st generation 18 engines had a smaller 10mm drive-side crankshaft diameter, which in addition to being weaker makes it harder to fir aftermarket variators.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

The af27/28 Dio's have third gen af18 motors. Those cranks are large diameter same as af16.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

SpreeorDie85
Goped
Goped

Post by SpreeorDie85 »

Thanks guys see the points that you raised are the ones I was worried about. I was PM'ING with a member about a swap but it was a few months back I messaged him recently but no response. Ive never bought anything from forum Im not opposed, just a little nervous. I Iean toward ebay/ paypal because the buyer has immense leverage if something goes wrong with the engine. I know this because I sold JDM car engines on ebay and customers would really take advantage of the fact that pay pal almost always rules on the buyers side. Even if you evidence to the contrary.