AF16 carb to AF18 carb

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

esmugala
Noob
Noob

AF16 carb to AF18 carb

Post by esmugala »

Hello,

I have a 2000 elite with the following specs:

-Malossi cast kit
-9:1 gears
-Oil pump delete
-V8 Exhaust
-Aftermarket variator
-RS24 shock
-Stock airbox

This is my quiet/daily driver scoot. I had been running on the stock AF16 carb with a 96 main jet. I was running a 94 and it was ran much better but the temps got high and it soft seized a few times. I purchased the DIO/AF18 carburator so I have some better tuning options but still keep things quiet.

What my question is, does the jet size translate directly over to the AF18 carb? Right now the carb has an 85 main and 35 pilot. I'm just trying to ballpark where I should start for the main and pilot jets on this new carb.

Thanks!
bonesv

Re: AF16 carb to AF18 carb

Post by bonesv »

Try an #88 main but with the v8 pipe I'm not sure. You should be using a temperature gauge to tune the jetting. Are you using the dio air box also? If not, and you run a pod filter, then definitely use the 88 or 90.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
esmugala
Noob
Noob

Re: AF16 carb to AF18 carb

Post by esmugala »

I'm using the DIO air box as well. I think I'm okay for main jet tuning but is the 35 pilot appropriate/more than the AF16 pilot?