94 elite S 50. Mods done and no take off.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

beeksrs
Noob
Noob

94 elite S 50. Mods done and no take off.

Post by beeksrs »

Ok to start I have a 94 elite S put the Polini Contessa kit on. 15/42 gears. Polini Variator. Rollers say 6,9 that I have in. I tried the 5,8 and it just didn't seem to accelerate as fast. Poloni Belt. Stock carb with 80 main jet. Stock air box. Stock Exhaust. 1500k spring "yellow" in the clutch. I take off from a dead stop and it is slow until 10mph then it really pulls. Why can I not get this thing to take off hard or pull the front end up at all. I weigh 200 lbs but I thought this thing would have been way better. I didn't notice any difference with a variator from the stock. Any ideas what to do? Gps speed is 49 mph.
ansneds
Spree
Spree

Re: 94 elite S 50. Mods done and no take off.

Post by ansneds »

I'm also experiencing this on my elite where it takes off extremely slow, then pulls hard. I'm not sure if it's my carb or clutch. Also I think you should be getting a little more top end because I can get close to that speed with a near stock scooter.
Currently own:
->1995 Honda Elite 50 (Derestricted)
Have previously owned:
->Multiple 94-01 Elite 50s
->1985 and 1986 Honda Sprees
->1985 Honda Aero 50
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

I highly suggest a tachometer, shooting in the dark without one!
Jonadz
Spree
Spree

Post by Jonadz »

When you say 1500 yellow are you referring to the contra or the 3 engagement springs?
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

You may want to install heavier clutch shoe springs (3) to give a "stall" effect when it's trying to take off from a dead stop. The stock clutch shoes varied in weight from heavy, on the early year models, to lighter shoes on later models - which means the heavier shoes need heavier springs to give the desired "stall" depending on rider weight and other variables. So, the clutch is also "tuned" similar to the roller weights -you should adjust both drive and driven pulleys to your liking. One other suggestion is try the stock belt if you have one that's good (within specs) and see if that helps. The polini belt is known to be a couple mm shorter than stock so it seems it's actually shifting up right at take off. Be sure your exhaust is not clogged up, there are no air leaks and the jetting is correct by installing a cht gauge, and reading the spark plug. The cht gauge really is necessary to properly tune a bbk setup.
Also read up on the subject of how to tune a 2-stroke bbk and to get a better idea of all that is involved. I suggest using the "search" feature at the top of the page. There has been plenty of information posted on this subject right here on hondaspree.net
There is also good info on how to change the clutch springs, you just have to search around for it.
Best of luck!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
beeksrs
Noob
Noob

Post by beeksrs »

It is the 1500k contra spring.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

If that's not a typo, your 80 main jet is likely the problem. remember 78 is Stock. With a very similar Contesta setup, F9 likes the 90. Barely runs with the 92 though.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH