2001 Elite S w/ Polini Corsa: What parts combo is proven?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

2001 Elite S w/ Polini Corsa: What parts combo is proven?

Post by W8kbrder »

Looking for any feedback for those who have ventured down the Polini Corsa path. Looking to gather intel on proven setups/parts combos that work well. I know everyone has their opinon, but if you had to state a proven parts setup with THE LEAST amount of issues/maintenence, what would you recommend based on your past experience/problems/etc?

1.) Best jetting setup (main jet/secondary)
2.) Best carb/intake manifold setup
3.) Best Clutch/Roller/Spring combo
4.) Best exhaust

Of the categories above, state your parts/setup combos that you believe would cause the least amount of issues where the rider would only have to deal with maintenance/tuning from time to time.
2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted)
|Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights|De-restricted Exhaust|Oil Pump Delete|1.5k Center Clutch Spring|2k Clutch Grabbers|.88 Main Jet|2nd Airbox Tab Removed|9:1 gears|49mph GPS confirmed|
GuavaJam
Spree
Spree

Re: 2001 Elite S w/ Polini Corsa: What parts combo is proven

Post by GuavaJam »

So many diff set ups, can u b more specific about how u want it to ride?
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Post by Gearhart »

Jet size: all depends on area, elevation, etc.
I am in the seattle area (sea level). I always run a 108-112 main and 40-45 pilot in 24mm polini's, Cp's run around 35-38 pilot, 102-108 main. This is with open filters and non ported bore or case. Jetting will change with porting.

Carb and intake: naruku or stage 6 intake, polini 24 pwk, polini cp

exhaust: Arrow, piarel, (any quality made exhaust). Stay away from pg long/short/v8 if you want it to not fall apart over time.

Trans: malossi yellow contra, 5-5.5 Gram rollers. I have always run stage 6 clutches but with any clutch you'll want it to grab from 6-8k depending on the pipe you choose.
You'll have to shim pulleys to get them correct if you go to a zx setup.

Contact Brandon at Scooter Swap Shop, he has built lots of these setups and stocks all the quality parts needed. Great customer support as well, he will help you get it set up correctly
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

gearhart is a wizz with the corsa setup and ive seen what he can do. the one thing I will say is you dont need a carb bigger than a 24 pwk polini. I am running a 26 on a stock corsa and its to much and will probably eventually go back to a smaller 24 at some point. if you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Ive been running a corsa on my elite for years now and can help with any questions.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY