Polini Clutch Spring ID help

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

CalvinB
Goped
Goped

Polini Clutch Spring ID help

Post by CalvinB »

Hey somehow I broke a stock clutch spring the other day for my SpreeDio, and a local shop helped me out by giving me some springs left over from a polini kit them had. The springs fit perfect and definitely look like the right springs. The only problem is neither me nor the shop can figure out what weight springs they are. They are LIGHT Blue. The reason i want to know is that with the Spree's super light front end, they hit a little hard for my taste and if I can go a step lighter I would like to, for keeping the front wheel down.

TLDR I have Light blue polini springs and have no idea where they fit in the lineup.

PS, I know that the darker/royal blue springs are the stiffest, these definitely aren't those, I have a set of those and d*** near looped the bike when they finally caught
'93 Yamaha Jog SOLD
'86 Honda Spree "problem child"
'94 Yamaha RazZuma viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32666
Sevyndaze
Spree
Spree

Re: Polini Clutch Spring ID help

Post by Sevyndaze »

Maybe they are the Honda ones on this page? http://catalogue.polini.com/dep/polini_ ... _molle.pdf

If so they’d be engaging around 6k. SSS has sets in 1k increments from 4K to 7k.
2001 Elite S (Derestricted)
Arrow Exhaust
Polini Variator
6.9g rollers
ZX Trans
1.5k Contra, 4k shoe springs
16/42 Gears
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Polini Clutch Spring ID help

Post by Meatball »

If you had stock springs on before and liked their engagement...why not get new stock springs?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.