Looking for spree jetting specs for high altitude

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kevinkilmer
Noob
Noob

Looking for spree jetting specs for high altitude

Post by kevinkilmer »

Recently moved from New York state to Salt Lake City, Utah. I've been slowly bringing my spree back to life and I'm finally done for now minus it bogging like crazy. Was wondering if anybody had jetting specs for about 4500ft above sea level?
Attachments
IMG_6808 r2.jpg
IMG_6808 r2.jpg (76.52 KiB) Viewed 5291 times
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Looking for spree jetting specs for high altitude

Post by Meatball »

If a chart for jetting a Spree at various elevations exists, it would be simply a vauge ballpark estimate and widely inaccurate. Best thing to do is purchase a jet kit with sizes above and below your current jet so you have options to go up/down for various elevations and seasons.

Higher elevations have less oxygen so less fuel would be a remedy. (Ele 4500 is really up there! :surprise: ) Tread lightly when dropping sizes by going one size at a time while searching for the correct size needed. If you overshoot the mark you run the risk of being too lean which results in an overheat/sieze condition.

http://hondaspree.net/wiki/index.php5/C ... _Reference
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
cancunia
Spree
Spree

Post by cancunia »

Maybe test by taking the foam out of the air filter and /or lean the idle mixture? Like the man in the post above says, take care you don't go too lean, plug colours will indicate how things are burning.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Honda offered 3 sizes for the Spree. #62, #65, & #68. I'd go no lower then a #62.