opinions on best variated AF05e big bore kit

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

nateberrier
Spree
Spree

Re: opinions on best variated AF05e big bore kit

Post by nateberrier »

harleyracer59 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:44 pm so to date ive purchased and ran a polini iron cylinder, metrakit iron, pinasco iron \, zeda racing iron, italkit aluminum.

the polini kit is a torquey upgrade over stock. not the fastest or most rpm but its a reliable tough cylinder with easily obtainable replace ment parts. will work with 1 base gasket but liked 2 base gaskets a lot better. was faster more torque and gained 400 rpm has a top rpm of 8900-9400 depending on carb size and exhaust pipe selection. iit can be ran hard and keep going.

ill add more on the other cylinders as I get time
Ive been tempted to order a polini from the fatherland for the wifes aero
1986 Aero White -- Stock With Keli Var
1985 Aero Red -- Af05 Malossi BBK + Keli Var
1985 Aero Red -- Af16 Corsa / Fabrizi Pipe / Polini 24 PWK / Athena Stuffer Crank
harleyracer59
Elite
Elite

Re: opinions on best variated AF05e big bore kit

Post by harleyracer59 »

the metrakit and the zeta racing kits are my favorite kits so far. the polini is a good kit but the 9800 rpm is a bummer. and that's after 2 gaskets. I might try to raise the exhaust a mm when I get some time and see if that helps anything. I also want to put a 90/90 on it cause currenyly I only have a 3.00 rear