Your spree top speed?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

xr100eee
Noob
Noob

Your spree top speed?

Post by xr100eee »

So I recently rebuilt my moms 1986 spree engine and got it running good for her...however as many of you are well aware the top speed is very slow...i was just wondering if mine was slower than most...I really have no idea how fast completely stock motor, carb, cdi, transmission, exhaust etc Honda spree should go...I get about 29-31 mph tapped out and it takes a good stretch to get that...pls comment ur stock spree speeds and if u have modded your spree please tell the Top speed it had when it was stock then what upgrades u did and state ur new top speed as I’m trying rlly hard to get this thing doing at least 35-40 without completely destroying the fuel economy and not have to spend a ton or engine swap it...I am not opposed to losing a little bottom end tho...Thanks!
motormike

Re: Your spree top speed?

Post by motormike »

Stand by for some bad news.
BTW, your Spree is going as fast as a new one.
Getting a Spree to 35-40 mph takes some doing.
eclark to the rescue>>> http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=34653
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Your spree top speed?

Post by eclark5483 »

Stock, my Iowa did like 23-25, top speed now is 52mph. That's with a rider who is within the recommended weight range (180lbs or less). Myself personally (320lbs), I can get it to around 42-44 if the wind is on my side.