where to find high speed final drive spree gears

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

xr100eee
Noob
Noob

where to find high speed final drive spree gears

Post by xr100eee »

Hey guys i posted yesturday about how to get a higher top speed on my 86 spree and you guys helped direct me towards the post by eclark5483 about The Most Sensible Path For Spree & Elite E. i did a lot of reading and decided i just want to put ported elite E reeds into my spree and bore out the stock intake along with either a speed pulley or the taz final drive gears i keep reading about...I managed to find the speed pulley very easily but no matter how hard I look I cannot manage to find the final drive gears even on tazlands ebay page :lol: and i just want to be able to compare pricing, shipping, and performance on the 2 so if you happen to know where I can buy the high speed final drive gears please post the link below...Thanks!
Ben L.
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: where to find high speed final drive spree gears

Post by Ben L. »

Like these? First thing that came up on ebay search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Spree-NQ ... SwjXRXaLbt
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Re: where to find high speed final drive spree gears

Post by eclark5483 »

Ben L. wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 pm Like these? First thing that came up on ebay search.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Spree-NQ ... SwjXRXaLbt
Yep, that would be the gears you need. Wouldn't run it without a BBK though, you'll be doing a Flintstones takeoff @49cc. If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. One thing to note, and I guess I should have mentioned it, is you will need to have the new gear pressed into the cog. Not really a big deal, most machine shops will do it pretty cheap. Only takes a couple minutes to do.