af05e malossi bbk and s23 slick willy pipe jetting

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Txaero121
BMX
BMX

af05e malossi bbk and s23 slick willy pipe jetting

Post by Txaero121 »

so i got a malossi bbk kit and a s23 slick willy pipe
i know the bbk kit comes with a #88 or somthing from what im reading once you add a pipe it needs to be upjetted more.
running the stock air box for now. i bought a carb off a guy local to me that has a #92 jet that had the same combo BUT from what im reading guys upjet way more when adding that pipe. i know plug chops are needed but for break-in to be safe what do you guys suggest?
sdugasjr
BMX
BMX

Re: af05e malossi bbk and s23 slick willy pipe jetting

Post by sdugasjr »

I was running Malossi BBK, Slick Willy Stock Car/Airbox and Injection pump on a 90 jet and it still seemed a little on the rich side, I put a polini CP 19mm and S23 pod on it not too long ago however and I'm still trying to get it just right
‘87 Elite SE50 - 72cc AF16
‘01 Elite SR
bonesv

Re: af05e malossi bbk and s23 slick willy pipe jetting

Post by bonesv »

I suggest a cylinder head temp gauge and use it on the spark plug for accuracy. It’s a beotch to deal with sometimes until you’re used to it but reading the temps in real-time is way easier than the old plug chops method 😝 I use trailtech temp gauge with the 2 or 3 ft extension and it easily mounts somewhere on the front so it’s visible when riding. Don’t let it get above 390. Ever. If you can’t control the temps with correct jetting then you probably have an air leak of some kind.
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861