af16e BBK

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

rag64
BMX
BMX

af16e BBK

Post by rag64 »

BBK is made to be used with 43.2 mini stroker crank and comes with a cylinder base gasket of .85 ( prolly suppose to be consider a 1mm. My question is I am running a 44.1 mm mini stroke crank, so what gasketing should be taking into consideration at cylinder base and also head to get it close to being dialed in? I am not a 2stroke expert so thats why I am reaching out for others, more experienced with 2 strokes, opinions and thought on this.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Re: af16e BBK

Post by Meatball »

rag64 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:11 pm BBK is made to be used with 43.2 mini stroker crank……..I am running a 44.1 mm mini stroke crank
:crazy:
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
rag64
BMX
BMX

Post by rag64 »

no input huh
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

You have to get yourself a timing wheel, a dremel and a bible. That way you can retime the intake, exhaust and boost ports on the bore to accommodate the crank stroke. Of course, setting the proper squish as a starting point while using stacked base gaskets of various thicknesses or even stacked head gaskets depending what the piston crown and squish band look like. IF you can somehow get the port timing even close and the squish close to 0.8 at the same time….use the bible to say a prayer because you’ll need a miracle for it run right.

The better solution is to get a bore kit made for your 44.1 crank and slap it on. Set squish and tune.
rag64
BMX
BMX

Post by rag64 »

yeah seems like 2 choices, either tear motor all back apart and do 43.2 stroke crank or different bbk, any good suggestions on where to possibly look for a BBK for the 44.1 stroke crank, seems easier to just change that myself
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Its not impossible to mate the two and have a ripper, but the port timing takes experience to get right. Its much more than just carving away at the holes and stacking some gaskets. Its best to leave that to the professionals. Call ScooterSwapShop and talk to those guys. They’ll steer you straight.