how to measure stroke of crank

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

rag64
BMX
BMX

how to measure stroke of crank

Post by rag64 »

I bought a 43.2 mini stroke crank and box does say 43.2, however mistakes happen and wrong stuff is put in wrong boxes, so what is an easy way to measure with digital caliper and verify myself that it is actually correct as far as a 43.2???
motormike

Re: how to measure stroke of crank

Post by motormike »

You will need the specs of that crank.
Once you obtain those, I should think it easy to understand where to measure.
I don't know those specs.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
rag64
BMX
BMX

Post by rag64 »

well it has to be right in the center of crank where connecting rod connects to crank, all other specs even tho a mini stroke crank have to be same as a stock crank to fit in the case, I know that much
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

rag64
BMX
BMX

Post by rag64 »

Yeah I seen that video mousewheels, kinda confused me as looked a weird crank, not a scooter crank it did not look and stopped watching it. Here is what I did - stock 41.4 crank I measure the round counterbalance weights on each side of connecting rod ( not sure if really considered counter balance weights) and widest was 73.14, did the same on a 44mm crank and measured 74.44, came out to be exactly 1.3 difference and that is exactly what either the up or down stroke difference should be on a 44mm