2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted): Aftermarket Carb Suggestions Anyone?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted): Aftermarket Carb Suggestions Anyone?

Post by W8kbrder »

Hi all,

My 2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted) has been sitting for some time now. When it was running, it ran great. However, I kept having the issue of kick starting it 30+ times before it would actually crank. I gave up for awhile.

I'm back (years later) and looking to get it up and running again...however this time, I'd like to replace the carb and need suggestions.

Here is my current setup:

--2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted)
--Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights
--De-restricted Exhaust
--Oil Pump Delete
--1.5k Center Clutch Spring
--2k Clutch Grabbers
--.88 Main Jet
--2nd Airbox Tab Removed
--9:1 gears
--49mph GPS confirmed

Any suggestions on a new Carb? (Direct links would be most helpful)

Looking to have it up and running good again. I just think the stock carb was holding it back.

thanks!
2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted)
|Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights|De-restricted Exhaust|Oil Pump Delete|1.5k Center Clutch Spring|2k Clutch Grabbers|.88 Main Jet|2nd Airbox Tab Removed|9:1 gears|49mph GPS confirmed|
Wheelman-111

Re: 2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted): Aftermarket Carb Suggestions Anyone?

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Unless you are willing to change the intake manifold and run a pod filter, there isn't much that fits in the stock carburetor's snug surroundings. It was about 15 years ago when I found an Amal/Arreche 17.5mm carb that did fit the stock intake and box. You could try searching that with Honda SA and hope somebody still has one. I got mine from a Florida aftermarket supplier, but again it was 2008...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

If you plan on keeping the stock bore, keep the stock carb. The bystarter is a neat feature and Keihin is good quality. Youd be hard pressed to find anything that fits as good and matches up with the stock bore as well. Mess with main jets or needles if you need to but keep it. Clean the shít out of it 4 times, buy a rebuild kit for it and run that baby!

First thing I do when I get an old beater thats been sitting for years is get the carb sorted. Replace all the rubber. Bowl gasket, top cap gasket, bystarter o-rings, intake o-rings, etc…also clean every nook and cranny like 3-4 times. Carb cleaner, tiny pipe cleaners, compressed air shot through every hole, etc… its probably the most important piece to make the motor run happy.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Super solid advice^^
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"