clutch.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

vette76
CB900F
CB900F

clutch.

Post by vette76 »

i was thinkin, uh oh. sprees have poor acceleration. what would happen if i made a clutch. like the kind in a garden tractor where it is basically a pulley on a spring and i could run either a clutch pedal or eliminate a brake handle. this would allow me to rev and leave at a higher rpm, and eliminate the old clutch to replace with a much simpler pulley. i can also mess with pulley sizes seeing as how i can leave the line at a higher rpm. good idea? i think i might try this but i will make sure not to destroy anything in the process in case it doesnt work, but i dont see why it wont.

oh plus this is great wheelie potential.lol
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
BluPhire
Elite
Elite

Post by BluPhire »

Do you have a parts Spree? It you do, I would do it on that one. If not I would be extremely careful. A-Hole!!!!!!!! lol. Inside joke.
I try to fix things with a hammer and wrench!
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

how bout if i use ur spree b****.lol.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

update... i have sucessfully put on the idler pulley and spring. the only problem was that i needed a smaller belt. the thing i am worried about is, the pulley i put on the rear wheel is very small. with this it will be about 1:1 ratio which means i will probably have to rev the * out of it and let go of the clutch. i am hoping to finish tomorrow and i will let u guys kno how it went.

the other good thing about this is if my batt dies i can still start it even tho it is a 87 i dont have a kickstart.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

vette76 wrote:update... i have sucessfully put on the idler pulley and spring. the only problem was that i needed a smaller belt. the thing i am worried about is, the pulley i put on the rear wheel is very small. with this it will be about 1:1 ratio which means i will probably have to rev the * out of it and let go of the clutch. i am hoping to finish tomorrow and i will let u guys kno how it went.

the other good thing about this is if my batt dies i can still start it even tho it is a 87 i dont have a kickstart.
i started thinking about this and i think 1:1 will be to much so i changed it back to stock until i get a new pulley.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx