Installed Polini 72cc kit on '94 SA50...Runs well then stops

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

85spreeelite
Elite
Elite

Installed Polini 72cc kit on '94 SA50...Runs well then stops

Post by 85spreeelite »

I have put this kit on my scooter saturday and rode it monday. Now everything seemed to be ok and the bike went to the 50-53MPH area swifty but then the bike just stops but it will start right back up and off I go again until it shuts off again. The 90 jet is what I am using.

Please help
Crotchrocket
BMX
BMX

Post by Crotchrocket »

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP STOP STOP!!!!!
Is this a contesa kit or corsa kit?
What is happening is known as Heat seizing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is bad real bad!!!! DO NOT Throttle the bike hard UNTIL you have 450 miles on it!!! NO EXCEPTIONS...if you have not already damaged the piston...how many seizes has it had?
Take it EZ bro!! Ride at 35 MAX!!!! Also DONT put it under a long uphill climb!!!

The first 3 tanks of fuel I want you to add 4 capfulls of *Honda injector Oil to the FUEL tank! If its an SA50 permanantly wire the auto oiler OPEN!!
If its a SR50 adjust the cable AT the auto oiler to achieve a full Maximum pull!!

Last but not least find some plastic thats somewhat flexible but sturdy (near the gauge that a 50 pack of blank CD's come in.

Remove the engine shroud from the right side...you will notice where the cooling fan induction is its built out away from the engine so it can avoid sucking in heat...cut the plastic in approx. a 3"x7" strip and drill 3-4 holes down the edge of one of the 2 long sides....your going to mount the strip with screws to the induction area of the shroud...so as your speed increases it "RAMS" air into the fan...this accomplishes alot more cool air flow into the fan! Also Ramming air into the fan "PUSHES" the fan and engine to more rpms.

Blow an air hose into the rear of a regular fan at home youll get the idea...or who hasnt "cupped" their hand out a car window at say 40 mph!

If you do not allow the engine to break in you can seriously damage the piston!! I mean seriously damage it!! :(

If you want a pic of ram air induction here is one from the side view
--------------------------------------------------------------------------> (O

CR

Also have you checked the spark plug to make sure its a nice brown color to insure its getting sufficient fuel? If not it can seize up...and it wont be pretty!
"CrotchRocket"

1994 Honda Elite SR-Polini 72CC Corsa kit-Polini Carbon Reeds-#100 Carb Jet-Keli Variator-1000RPM Center Clutch Spring-Ram Air Cooling-60MPH!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Crotchrocket wrote:WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP STOP STOP!!!!!
Is this a contesa kit or corsa kit?
What is happening is known as Heat seizing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is bad real bad!!!! DO NOT Throttle the bike hard UNTIL you have 450 miles on it!!! NO EXCEPTIONS...if you have not already damaged the piston...how many seizes has it had?
Take it EZ bro!! Ride at 35 MAX!!!! Also DONT put it under a long uphill climb!!!

The first 3 tanks of fuel I want you to add 4 capfulls of *Honda injector Oil to the FUEL tank! If its an SA50 permanantly wire the auto oiler OPEN!!
If its a SR50 adjust the cable AT the auto oiler to achieve a full Maximum pull!!

Last but not least find some plastic thats somewhat flexible but sturdy (near the gauge that a 50 pack of blank CD's come in.

Remove the engine shroud from the right side...you will notice where the cooling fan induction is its built out away from the engine so it can avoid sucking in heat...cut the plastic in approx. a 3"x7" strip and drill 3-4 holes down the edge of one of the 2 long sides....your going to mount the strip with screws to the induction area of the shroud...so as your speed increases it "RAMS" air into the fan...this accomplishes alot more cool air flow into the fan! Also Ramming air into the fan "PUSHES" the fan and engine to more rpms.

Blow an air hose into the rear of a regular fan at home youll get the idea...or who hasnt "cupped" their hand out a car window at say 40 mph!

If you do not allow the engine to break in you can seriously damage the piston!! I mean seriously damage it!! :(

If you want a pic of ram air induction here is one from the side view
--------------------------------------------------------------------------> (O

CR

Also have you checked the spark plug to make sure its a nice brown color to insure its getting sufficient fuel? If not it can seize up...and it wont be pretty!
QFT!!!!!!
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Crotchrocket
BMX
BMX

Post by Crotchrocket »

QFT?
"CrotchRocket"

1994 Honda Elite SR-Polini 72CC Corsa kit-Polini Carbon Reeds-#100 Carb Jet-Keli Variator-1000RPM Center Clutch Spring-Ram Air Cooling-60MPH!
85spreeelite
Elite
Elite

Post by 85spreeelite »

CrotchRocket I have the POLINI BIG BORE (CONTESTA KIT). It stopped on me twice, Once going to the store and once coming back home. I wont open it up loke that again and I will add the honda oil in the morning.
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

I hope you are not using the stock 12mm carb #100 main jet tells me u-r tell me im wrong?
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Crotchrocket
BMX
BMX

Post by Crotchrocket »

I hope you are not using the stock 12mm carb #100 main jet tells me u-r tell me im wrong?.
I am using a stock carb. yes! And 100 jet...I get plenty of fuel! I am also using a stock muffler, resticter washer REMOVED baffles in place! My airbox is undrilled with the air inlet restrictor removed!

My fuel/air mix is perf. at the moment, if I would change to a Hi-Po exhaust I would need the 19mm carb.

Its VERY important to do ALL that I recommend above for the health of the engine...she just cant hardly take the rpm's w/o ram air, ect ect ect.
"CrotchRocket"

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Quote For Truth
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
85spreeelite
Elite
Elite

Post by 85spreeelite »

Yes I am running the stock carb with a 100 jet. I added the small caps of honda oil and I am just putting around the neighborhoon at 25 mph with no stopping happening and CrotchRocket? You e the man on that ram air idea.
jagojago
Noob
Noob

Post by jagojago »

I thought it mean quit * talking, lol
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Mean!!! is when its built right and not just slapped together, there is a science to speed!
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

So you didn't change the gear ratio= stupidty!!!
Crotchrocket
BMX
BMX

Post by Crotchrocket »

DUDE RUN YOUR MOUTH ALL DAY.......
POST YOUR SPEEDOMETER PUNK!
"CrotchRocket"

Crotchrocket
BMX
BMX

Post by Crotchrocket »

Proof big mouth!
"CrotchRocket"

stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

you are the one that is posting problems which i have been through at least 25yrs ago and have spent mega bucks on so when i tell you what you did wrong respect it!