porting reed vaulves

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

porting reed vaulves

Post by jayrey0910 »

will making reed vaulves larger by using a dremel will it help top speed?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

no.
the reeds are perfect the way they are. you can do anything you want to the reeds and it wont make a d*** difference. However trying this is stupid also. any gap (no matter how small ) will kill your motor and you will have to buy need reeds. all around its not a smart idea.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

You can use, I think it was SB50, intakes and reeds for higher flow, just grinding that sharp turn out of the intake is supposed to help alot.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah that trick is in the advance tech. doc. part of this site. but thats more less the intake trick, reeds just happen to play in
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Unless you have a full blown stroker don't even think about it, even then its not proven, a quality bore kit comes with a flow chart for max performance so what makes you think you are better than them :wink:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
edjo
Spree
Spree

Post by edjo »

Probably the same thing that makes you think you are better than everyone. A general lack of knowledge and no sense of direction. Fortunately for most of us its just scooter related stuff. You on the other hand seems to possess these traits in your day to day interactions with other human beings.
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se