faster acceleration on a 85 spree???

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

zapwalker
Goped
Goped

faster acceleration on a 85 spree???

Post by zapwalker »

What is the best way to get a faster take off for my spree? I am not to sure about how to do all the exhaust mods. Any help would be great
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Grind intake manifold for smoother transition/better flow. drill 4 baffles from the exhaust (this will also make it louder but that a good thing).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

drilling a few baffles out of the tail pipe will give you better take off. Im not sure how many a spree has but you want to leave a few so you still have good back pressure. To be on the safe side i would say no more then 3.

To do this you want to get a long dril bit that will fit in the end hole on the tail pipe. put the drill bit in a drill and drill in the pipe. These baffles are like plates and are hard to drill though.

The way honda makes there bikes they always put a few to many in there to quiet it down some and take away a little power. Drilling these restores what the spree should be. But it will be louder. if sound might be an issue i would avoid this.

Read around in the Advanced Tech Docs part of this site. there is quiet a few little tips and tricks to get every last MPH out of your spree.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

boost bottle will help
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

darat wrote:boost bottle will help
no they wont. unless you got a one-off custom bike all a boost bottle will do is fry your cylinder. Dont give useless advice like this to the new people ok?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

yeah ok.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Dac wrote:
darat wrote:boost bottle will help
no they wont. unless you got a one-off custom bike all a boost bottle will do is fry your cylinder. Dont give useless advice like this to the new people ok?
I think I understand what a boost bottle is supposed to do. How would it fry your cylinder?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

a boost bottle is NO2(Nitrogen dioxide) , a common brand would be NOS or Venom. Nitrogen dioxide burns allot stronger, and gives tons more power. how ever it burns allot dryer. You want your cylinder to have oil on it to keep it moving smooth. Drying it out makes allot more friction allot faster. Friction will cause you to fry your rings and maybe your cylinder+piston. Running No2 all the time would be like running a 2 stroke with out oil.

This is not just on mopeds or scooters but even cars. trowing a can of NOS in the back set of your car, hooking it all up and not doing any thing else. by the time that first can is gone your motor will need a new sets of rings.

So yeah, Putting a boost bottle on a spree would give you tons of power. your spree would wheelie on demand. But you will go though rings fast. It just isnt a way to add reliable power. Its more for people who drag and race. For people who only use there bikes (or cars) at the drag strips, people who tear down there bikes and put a new set of rings in there every day, No2 would be perfect.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Well I know what NO2 is and how it works but the boost bottle is a different item all together-

http://wikiscootia.wikidot.com/boost-bottle

http://www.eindiancompanies.com/images/resonator.htm
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

see it does work so yeah. just b/c it sounds crazy it maybe not. i have done one of these mods and it makes it take off better and all around performance
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

so a boost bottle works on something as small as a spree?
1991--------Tomos Targa-
zapwalker
Goped
Goped

Post by zapwalker »

so the best thing is the holes in the baffles. i am getting a custom exhaust (straight pipe) will this help?!?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Strait pipe will hurt it, 2 strokes are suposed to work best with some back pressure.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

nope. it will be worse. no back pressure. u need it on a 2cycle. :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Strait pipe will hurt it, 2 strokes are suposed to work best with some back pressure. The best (and only) aftermarket pipe you can get for a spree is a noiseguy highway pipe but IDK if he makes them anymore and they are made for speed not better acceleration.
Last edited by Kenny_McCormic on Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.