Turbo

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Turbo

Post by fastplastic »

start a new thread and get us pics and links of this edf you found
b18Eric
Noob
Noob

Post by b18Eric »

A properly function carb will be adequate for turboing - turbo pulls air from the carb. Issue solved (fingers crossed the compressor blades are not damaged by the fuel mixture smacking into them)

I read an article on two-stroke turbocharging and from what I got out of it it is tricky. A few issues that need to be addressed with two stroke turbos:

1. Exhaust opens before the inlet closes- significantly- compared to a four stroke. VE is dramatically altered if a "restriction" is placed on exhaust.

2. Oil in fuel will reduce the octane rating of the fuel, severely decreasing power ouput, possibly to the point of diminishing returns.

I just thought of a turbo spree this morning and thought I would post up some thoughts I was having as well.

Any thoughts on an intake "valve" or pump that keeps the gas flow pointed one way?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

b18Eric wrote:A properly function carb will be adequate for turboing - turbo pulls air from the carb. Issue solved (fingers crossed the compressor blades are not damaged by the fuel mixture smacking into them)

I read an article on two-stroke turbocharging and from what I got out of it it is tricky. A few issues that need to be addressed with two stroke turbos:

1. Exhaust opens before the inlet closes- significantly- compared to a four stroke. VE is dramatically altered if a "restriction" is placed on exhaust. Nothing new with this and why would you even consider restricting the exhaust on a performance upgrade?

2. Oil in fuel will reduce the octane rating of the fuel, severely decreasing power ouput, possibly to the point of diminishing returns. BS, good oils actually will increase the power making ability of the fuel and engine.

I just thought of a turbo spree this morning and thought I would post up some thoughts I was having as well.

Any thoughts on an intake "valve" or pump that keeps the gas flow pointed one way?
They are called reeds and work just fine.
The author really needs to do better research.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
scottinscotty
Elite
Elite

Post by scottinscotty »

to make power you need power.. and to make power with a turbo on a 2-stroke small engine is not worth it'.. i would take a whole lot of engineering to make, and not produce enough power to be worth while...
72cc polini contesa kit
oko variator with 8.5 gram malossi weights
21mm Black Oko Carb & Ct Manifold
8.44 gear
malossi MHR exhaust
Dio zx trans conversion
1000 center spring
1500 grabbers
sef ramp plate
B9hs plug
GPS 60mph
scottinscotty
Elite
Elite

Post by scottinscotty »

i has been done.. if you google and read up on it you'll see!
72cc polini contesa kit
oko variator with 8.5 gram malossi weights
21mm Black Oko Carb & Ct Manifold
8.44 gear
malossi MHR exhaust
Dio zx trans conversion
1000 center spring
1500 grabbers
sef ramp plate
B9hs plug
GPS 60mph
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Man most of the turbo tards on this treads dont use google, they use BS.com its full of S--H--I--T :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
Majourlittle
Elite
Elite

Post by Majourlittle »

This thread violates the second law of thermodynamics. This thread will destroy time and space if it is allowed to continue. :peace: