Mph of a Spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

oka
Noob
Noob

Mph of a Spree

Post by oka »

What mph run normaly a spree?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

25-30mph
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
oka
Noob
Noob

Post by oka »

thanks but How i can increase mph?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

look in the performance part of the forums
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
ferchja
Spree
Spree

Post by ferchja »

oka wrote:thanks but How i can increase mph?
...buy a bigger scooter/motorcycle capable of safely going more than 30mph.

Do not understand why people ask to increase mph on something that they knew when they got it would go 23-35mph. It is not meant to go any faster. Having just disassembled one down to the frame, my 4yrold's bike/frame is capable of faster speeds than the spree. The Spree frame has no rigidity to the frame, it doesn't even have a back bone to at least triangulate the frame.

If you want another 5mph great, but for the effort and after selling the Spree you could buy a good used motorcycle that would go 100mph.

Jeremy
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

file the restriction out of the intake manifold and that will increase almost 5 mph.(4)
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

be happy with the top speed as it is. it is a lot of fun topping out on hills doin 35mph. :D
projects galore :nerd:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

ferchja wrote: ...buy a bigger scooter/motorcycle capable of safely going more than 30mph.

Do not understand why people ask to increase mph on something that they knew when they got it would go 23-35mph. It is not meant to go any faster. Having just disassembled one down to the frame, my 4yrold's bike/frame is capable of faster speeds than the spree. The Spree frame has no rigidity to the frame, it doesn't even have a back bone to at least triangulate the frame.

If you want another 5mph great, but for the effort and after selling the Spree you could buy a good used motorcycle that would go 100mph.

Jeremy
Agree on all but point 3. From what I've found, you can increase the Sprees speed by about 5-10 MPH (with 35 MPH top speed being about the max) on these for very little time/effort. Pulley and intake can be modified with files, although the head requires milling. The hard part is knowing what to do. I'm slowing sorting out what works and what doesn't.

Past 35 MPH, you've exceeded the chassis's ability to control the wheels. Those are undamped forks, and the structure's a noodle. But at 80#, the Spree weighs nothing, so hot-rodding is still attractive from a mass standpoint.

You could, of course, buy a MC for what you could sell the Spree for. I have both. The Spree is much easier to work on, and used/service parts are nearly free, compared to my CB900F. For legal reasons, some users have to stick with 49cc bikes. Some just prefer to. And at least 2 have moved on to larger bikes.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

yeah, about the undampened forks i have noticed a real difference between the spree and elite. even going the same speed speed the elite seems a lot more stable. but the spree seems faster because it is highly unstable.the elite rides like a cadillac... oops! i mean lincoln. im a ford guy.lol.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
oka
Noob
Noob

Post by oka »

Can you expained mi in frensh how increase speed because i am frensh and i don't understand very good the english?
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

You're going to have to find someone who speaks English then. My conversational French doesn't include the engineering terms needed to describe scooter mods. You might try using Babelfish on the mods, but I don't know how well it will work.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
andy
Noob
Noob

Post by andy »

sounds right im getin about 27mph and thats good for an un modded spree :lol: