A Quick Lesson on Stroker Motors

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

A Quick Lesson on Stroker Motors

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I admire the skill with computers in evidence on Dac's post on this topic. I would add that another feature of a longer stroke engine is its increased displacement, which would account for its increased low-rev performance at least as much as the "leverage" factor.

I also agree with Dac's cautionary word about clearance at the bottom of the cylinder. Likewise, careful measurements and cylinder deck height adjustments are often necessary to ensure the piston does not crash into the head at the top of its stroke. All in all, it may be more trouble than the returns are worth, unless you relish a challenge.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

:lol: whoa whoa whoa, i would LOVE to take credit for that, but its not my post...
Arnadanoob was the one who wrote that all up, i just posted it in the advance documents.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

most shops on the mainland don't have a clue on how to bore a case and can't even get oversiezed pistons for a spree :wink:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!