sym/honda rear drive swap

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

maddog
CB900F
CB900F

sym/honda rear drive swap

Post by maddog »

you can save over 60% for the same part along with the oil pump vs honda, more compatable parts to come :lol: clone parts work, same quality :lol: honda didn't die they just got cloned :wink:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

so where can we find these parts ay?
projects galore :nerd:
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

I too would like to know. :)
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

taiwan zx rear trans can snap off a belt , must run widebelt . :lol: all honda parts she go. :lol:
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

But WHERE do u get the fricken parts from?
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

veedubh20 wrote:taiwan zx rear trans can snap off a belt , must run widebelt . :lol: all honda parts she go. :lol:
werd thats what im sayin, honda oem trans proven performance :D
projects galore :nerd:
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

i have heard on another forum that VT cycles occasionally sells factory OEM Honda DIO parts, as well as a few SYM trans parts.

try emailing Patrick Day as well... that man can get anything :D

maybe even try SYM directly; i would be pretty sure they have parts support here with their USA distribution location.

-i'm trying to score a new /mint JDM Dio airbox, or the ever-impossible to find DDX airbox for my Aero.

if anyone has ideas or leads, hit me up.

later guys, jon
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

so, if i were to order a dio zx rear pulley and belt, would it bolt up to my aero? is the crank different, or is it just a different spacer? seems like a different spacer would totally change how the variator works, but if not, i can easily make a new one.....or could i just get a variator for a dio zx?
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

sorry, been working 12 hr. shifts for the past 2 weeks, the dio trans conversion is not for the aero only for the s, vt cycles sells the parts, you need to port the both the engine case & cover, i forgot to change the belt thats why it snapped, i no longer have to kiss the front fender off the line, the beast is under control now :lol:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
groovy
BMX
BMX

Post by groovy »

I read somewhere recently that until a few years ago, SYM was building bikes and some cars for Honda. That all stopped when Honda tried to buy them out.

Now they're on their own and probably using some of the technology that Honda originally shared. Small wonder some of the parts fit on these old scooters.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

maddog wrote:sorry, been working 12 hr. shifts for the past 2 weeks, the dio trans conversion is not for the aero only for the s, vt cycles sells the parts, you need to port the both the engine case & cover, i forgot to change the belt thats why it snapped, i no longer have to kiss the front fender off the line, the beast is under control now :lol:
The parts you're referring to are the driven pulley that is larger than the SA50 driven pulley right? That and the wider/longer belt?

What do these parts cost?
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.