THE OLE SPREE, WHAT IT'LL TAKE

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kho20
BMX
BMX

Post by kho20 »

thats the only way to work when its yours or your gettin paid to do it :lol:
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

Thank you for making this thread... Just cause its a moped doesnt mean it needs a moped engine in it. BTW...CR85=FAST, easy 110km/h, swap it into a light weight Spree...just think of the posibilities...(just dont get caught by the police lol)
-1984 Spree,
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

a while ago on ebay there was a zuma engine someone had grafted a yz80 cylinder onto, HUGE tranfers, 80cc, it was a monstrous looking thing...if it didnt look so homebrew and sketchball i would have bought it, gives some good ideas though!!!
kho20
BMX
BMX

Post by kho20 »

so i was lookin at the different motors on the elites and thats where i got the idea for a ch150 on a heavier elite they easily do 55 to 60 rite? and the elites bing a close match to to the spree motor mounts ,mounting a 150cc engine to the 100 pound spree wound make huge power gains rite? and idk if theres any mods that can be done to these engines but anything they probally could be stroked? ported? geared? what do yall think you guys are the scoot experts lol
84 spree: dont kno what im gonna do with it yet
82 v45 magna
97 dodge 12v dually
87 nissan hardbody
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

haha im putting an elite 250 in my brothers ruckus right now! custom motor mount will fit any motor you want!!!
kho20
BMX
BMX

Post by kho20 »

sweet that should be dangerous lol ive been tryin to find a online calculator for mph from power to weight ratios cant find one i found some for bracket racing but no clue how to use em lol im a welder/ mechanic not a math genius but maybe we could use these to find out how fast the estimated mph could be
82 v45 magna
97 dodge 12v dually
87 nissan hardbody
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

my buddy has an elite 250, it does 75 easily, im hoping for that or better stock with the lighter ruckus chassis, then its stupid time with big bore, trans mods, basically everything that can be done to it, im hoping for at least 90!!! hahah
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

:shock:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

kho20 wrote:sweet that should be dangerous lol ive been tryin to find a online calculator for mph from power to weight ratios cant find one i found some for bracket racing but no clue how to use em lol im a welder/ mechanic not a math genius but maybe we could use these to find out how fast the estimated mph could be
I don't know. Motorcycle 1/4 mile is 10 pounds = .1 seconds?

Are you looking for quick (1/4 mile) or fast (top speed?) This will influence how you gear and what you build.

This is a more difficult question to answer than an online calc will likely give you. To simplify, a scooter motor that goes 60 MPH on one bike probably won't give you much more top speed on another, lighter bike. The motor will tend to run at top RPM for the given gearing, and then just stop accellerating. But it will accellerate quicker to it's top speed. Good for light-to-light racing, can be a bit of a handful to ride around.

That means you need bigger gears for more top speed, and then maybe more power to drive the gears. If you can't get (or make) the gears, you won't get more top speed.

There are guys here drag racing scooters, so you're in the right place.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
kho20
BMX
BMX

Post by kho20 »

well ive been on the dirt track for years and have built quite a few race diesel trucks and power to wieght is a big deal i didn't kno if that was the same for for scoots the principal should still apply tho if you take a 85 pound scoot the 50cc weighs 22-23 pounds and the 150 weighs bout 55-60 pounds so the with the difference adde your still bout 120 pound vs the 230 or so pounds of the donor bike so even geared the same you should be a lot better accel and some added top speed probally not much but getting to that top speed is gonna be insane like you said a stop and go racer and maybe its jus me but thats fine cus i dont really want or need to eat ashphalt on a spree over a 100 anyway lol youd be like a rag doll with those skinny tires
82 v45 magna
97 dodge 12v dually
87 nissan hardbody
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Hitting the asphault at 100 is going to be bad, whether your riding a scooter or a full dresser. Maybe if you highside, the scooter won't be able to throw you as far, less leverage?

Sounds like you're going for light-to-light. In that case, just stuff the biggest engine you can find under there and be done with it.

What about a Silverwing engine? That's 500cc.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Videonut
Spree
Spree

honda parts work together

Post by Videonut »

ok how about i put this killer CH80 engine (4 stroke) on my spree? with a little welding and wire i bet i would work and FAST too???
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again