running rich

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

spreeman
Noob
Noob

running rich

Post by spreeman »

i talked to a friends mother who knows alot about mini-bikes and carbourators, and she told me that the extra needle on my spree (the one on the intake manifold, close to the oil line.) was a vacume tube, and to plug it. so my dad and i plugged it today, and i started up the scooter very easly, and it was pouring out thick white smoke. i played with the idle and the needle height, and set them as low as they could go wo/stalling it, and it still is pushing out a little extra smoke.

keep in mind that my spree only went 25 mph before i clogged this needle, i havn't gotten it upto speed as i've only ridden it in my short driveway, but i thas more power than it did before.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

... you did what?

I don't know why your scoot is still running. One of those lines is for oil. The other runs to the fuel petcock so that fuel can get to the carb. If you disconnect the vacuum line, the bike should run lean and then quit running altogether. This assumes your petcock was working or installed. Is it?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

have u guys checked how the oilpump works yet? i was always noticing oil in the 'vac' line before, i took it off and cranked it over and oil comes out very slowly. so the small black line going to the oil pump i dont think is for vacume.i think it is for straight oil. 3 of my engines do this.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
spreeman
Noob
Noob

Post by spreeman »

i don't understand what the fuel petcock is, i have a fuel line going to the scoot, but i am talking about the line just above the oil line going to the intake manifold/carbourator.

tell me how to post pics and i will
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

the line above the oil line going into the intake is the vacume line.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

vette76 wrote:the line above the oil line going into the intake is the vacume line.
werd. if you took that tube out, you need to put it back in and replace your petcock. your spree shouldn't be running without that line, bad things can happen if u just have fuel flowing freely like that.
projects galore :nerd:
spreeman
Noob
Noob

Post by spreeman »

there is no petcock
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

im not sure u understand what the petcock is. the petcock is the "fuel valve" underneith the tank with the 2 lines comming out of it.
87' spree (SOLD
12' wrx