Pulley mod: 84/85 vs. 86/87 Spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

maybe you should read som of the other posts on the pully mod before you ask questions about it.
Mystere

1985 Honda Spree.
Front pully mod, 1" longer belt,
gutted pipe, K&N air filter, #80 main jet,
Intake mod, Leo Vince clutch springs,
40 MPH top speed.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

ok no i dont feel like it, i was wondering, what if this is used with the cluch springs? i think it might work better. and i want you to shave mine. i want to send it to you, i have a extra pully iif this doesnt work.
MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

No, you better not do it. it wont work for you :roll:
Mystere

1985 Honda Spree.
40 MPH top speed.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

do you under stand extra pully? im not trying to be an * or notihing but i want to do it ok simple. but can u shave live maby .7 or 8? maby that would be better.
MYSTERE1
Goped
Goped

Post by MYSTERE1 »

OK. you see that lip on the pully? Shave it off. ALL OF IT.you can aleays adjust it with washers after to tune it to your likeing.

why are you asking this. the how to technical has been posted. And talked about alot. I expect this from a noob but you have no excuse. :evil:
Mystere

1985 Honda Spree.
40 MPH top speed.
vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

this can be done neatly with a grinder. u dont really need any special tools. its easy enuff.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

yea but i dont trust myself with my grinder, abd dude chill man, i just want it done right.
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Myspree: If you want to get this done on a lathe or mill, check your school's metal shop, and see what they have. I know that Darat's school has equipment for this. Or check your family connections. This is Detroit, mang, you can't throw a rock w/o hitting a tool and die shop around here!

Otherwise use a grinder and be careful. You can use the existing pulley marks to guide progress. And if you really screw it up, the part is $10 new at the Honda counter.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i do not trust my self!!! my school wont let me use it. and i trust u, you are goo with this stuff, please do this for me!
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

I don't have time to do this, and I don't know how to use the equipment either. I work for a company that has the equipment and the trained manpower to use it properly, so I use my connections to get little projects like this run. They would not appreciate me bringing in other's side projects, or making a small business out of selling modded parts. I'll leave that to more entreprenurial sorts, who have home shops with lathes.... :D

If the school won't let you use it b/c you aren't trained, take the machining class, or trade favors with the students/teachers to get your stuff done. If there is no class, ask for one. Social engineering, man. That's a lot harder to teach than how to run a lathe.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

tonrogs
Goped
Goped

Post by tonrogs »

So if your talking about resurfacing the face that the belt rides on, why not just drill out the backside a little to move the pulley back? That will spread out where the pulley rides and in turn have the same effect. Only difference is you wont lighten it up as much. I dont see this agining top end though...

Now what it seems like to me, is that if you add a spacer behind it to bring it closer, you will get more top speed and less bottom end because of the taller gear ratio. The belt will sit further out and in sense make a larger gear. You would need a longer belt though..most likely
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

so all u do is take off the lip on the pulley? and what is with all of this talk about washers?
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

After removing material, you can add washers back in to re-space out the pulley halves...
Admin, Hondaspree.net

vette76
CB900F
CB900F

Post by vette76 »

tonrogs wrote:So if your talking about resurfacing the face that the belt rides on, why not just drill out the backside a little to move the pulley back? That will spread out where the pulley rides and in turn have the same effect. Only difference is you wont lighten it up as much. I dont see this agining top end though...

Now what it seems like to me, is that if you add a spacer behind it to bring it closer, you will get more top speed and less bottom end because of the taller gear ratio. The belt will sit further out and in sense make a larger gear. You would need a longer belt though..most likely
this wont work because all u are doing is throwing off alignment. u need to bring the pulley halfs closer together.
00' sa-50 slammed and stretched
89' elite sb, with a 99' af16, (SOLD)
87' spree (SOLD
87' mustang gt vert kenne bell, irs.
90' mustang notch turbo drag car
12' wrx
deathwish
Spree
Spree

Post by deathwish »

i would just like to kno if this involves alot of work and if it difficult to do becasue i have been thinkin about this and i want to do it but i just a little scared to take it alll apart.... wut else will i need???