How To Check your Rollers for Flat Spots

The home of the FAQs and all the things you need to know to fix your Spree / Elite, outside the service manuals

Moderator: FAQ Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

How To Check your Rollers for Flat Spots

Post by Dac »

Is you take off choppy? Does you motor run perfect but your power isnt there. If nothing else seems to be doing its time to check the trans. It could be multiple things in your trans. Today we will be checking rollers weights for flat spots. In this tutorial i will be showing how to do this on a 92 honda elite SR. But it is very similar on almost all scooters.

To get started we need to take off the belt cover. Remove the bolds shown below.
Once thats off this is what you will be looking at.

You need to remove the front pulley. Use an Impact to get off the bolt, theres a washer behind it.You dont want to loose it.
The belt can be pulled back then dropped down out of the way. The 'boss' the variator rides on will pull right out.

After that the variator will pull right off.
There is three 7mm screws that come out easy. after that lift the the outer ring off.

This is what it looks like all broke down.

If the rollers have any flat spots or wear its time to replace them. They can be bought at any 'honda power sport dealer' or any place that has scooter parts. If you spot any errors or want me to add some thing tell me here.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.