The Paranormal and UFO's. I Want to Believe...

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

The Paranormal and UFO's. I Want to Believe...

Post by bradthreee »

I love watching these types of shows on TV and I am very curious to whats other peoples thoughts are in these matters. Anyone have stories they would like to share. I have a couple but will only share if you do...
zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Re: The Paranormal and UFO's. I Want to Believe...

Post by zuphilius »

I watch these all the time. I watch Ghost Hunters every week, when it comes out on SYFY rewind.

I have never had an experience, but my wife has had some. At this house I bought just before we got married we were down in the basement sleeping in our room, the house is actually a split level, when my wife woke up to hear someone walking down the stairs. Came from the top floor, then down the flight right in front of our room and stopped. We didn't have a door on the room, nobody walked in front of the opening, no one went back up the stairs. Found out later a guy committed suicide in the upstairs bedroom, where the girls room was, then we moved up there later. When we were having a garage sale before moving to Arizona, the previous owner came by and started talking to my wife and told her the story of his boyfriend (save the commentary) killing himself in the room. We always had rumors of something happening, but finally got the real story.

A lot more has happened, but I told one, now who's next??
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

The shows are all total BS. I do however believe in UFOs as I have seen the real thing, in the company of others on several different occasions. Oh and sober and not high either.

As far as the paranormal, I live with a real live Fey Witch who on more than on occasion has seen into the future and has been too right for it to have been a guess. She has also passed the ability to the youngest daughter. Oh and troubled and evil spirits tend to give her very wide berth.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

If a planet has liquid water then it can support life. And I'm of the opinion that if a planet can support life, then it will have it. The universe is too large for this to be the only planet that has a temperature/pressure profile that fits liquid H2O.

Whether there is any other sentient life out there is certainly another complexity. And an even greater one still involving them being advanced enough to travel such great distances without us noticing in any of the scientific equipment measuring almost every known property of space around us.

This is all just my personal opinion, I could be very very wrong. But when dealing with the unknown I tend to think in terms of the statistics.

I also really can't stand that ghost hunters show. Just a bunch of guys running around w/ night vision cameras overreacting for ratings.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

When I was younger, my uncle used to live with my mother and I. He was the type of person that would spend the evenings watching the stars and relaxing. He did this nearly everyday he lived with us, which was about 5 years.

One night he runs inside and tells my mother and I to come outside and see something. He is a very serious dude and we knew that something was up.

When we go outside, he points at the sky and tells us to look in a certain direction. I've lived in Palmdale many years and the nearby Edwards Air Force Base has yeilded many top secret aircraft like the stealth bomber, so naturally my first thoughts would be it was just a plane. It took a few minutes to finally see that the brightly lit light in the sky was not a star, plane, or anything else I could identify.

This light was able to shoot across the sky within a matter of a second, and would not disappear like a shooting star. Also it would go in every direction from where I was standing. It danced thoughout the sky for a few minutes until it finally disappeared. Ever since I have not seen anything like it again. It kinda freaked me out a bit to tell the truth. My worse fear would be to be abducted. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Iam a beleiver in both UFO phenomena as well as the paranormal.

Thanks guys for sharing :hi:
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

i also have seen the strange single light dart around the sky back when i was in my teens, then just 2 yrs ago as i was takeing the kids trick or treating we seen a weird orage ball of light hovering in the sky for like 5 mins then just dart off straight up. could not explain it but it kinda freaked us out. :surprise: paranormal im not sure, the tv shows look staged but not sure, i havent had any events happen to me yet.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

The shop I work at has one strong rule everyone knows. If dark outside, don't go beyond the garage unless you HAVE to.

It's on 40 acres of land with a pole barn out back, a pond and a field.

If you go beyond the garage at night, your hair stands up on the back of your neck and you get chills from *, even if it's 90 degrees out. There's something back there that appears to be the figure of a man about my size, but it moves at inhuman speed. It's never caused physical harm but it loves to mess with us.

Earlier this year, we were out by the pond with a spotlight on the golf cart after dark because we heard something that sounded like someone swimming in the pond. We pulled up in the dark, shut off the cart and listened, and no sooner did we turn on the light we saw the water do what the lake does under you while water skiing. Splashing stopped and we haven't heard it since. We can't explain what that was that shot across a 350 foot in diameter pond in a split second, not being seen, and left a channel all the way across behind it.

Cutting it short, story is there used to be a mobile home there some time ago. Guy came home drunk, crashed into the house and burned alive inside the car along with the house. We think that's who's back there.

Just to prove what I'm saying, look up this address:
3195 N. Huron
Pinconning, MI 48650

and look at the photographic map. You'll see a trail leading into the woods. That picture was taken mid day, and the dark spot you see in the trail at the end of the first S curve, is supposedly right where the mobile home was sitting. If you walk back there just after the crack of dawn, about 7:30 AM during the summer, that spot will still look like dusk while everything else is clearly lit.

Strange stuff, but I'm a believer. Big time.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I personally am a Peripheral Visionary. I see into the future,, but only 'way off to the side.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I personally am a Peripheral Visionary. I see into the future,, but only 'way off to the side.
Please explain... :nerd:
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

bradthreee wrote:

Acid flashback? All this * it just hype and BS :ndance:
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

martynkim wrote:
bradthreee wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion :eyeroll:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

bradthreee wrote:
martynkim wrote:Acid flashback? All this * it just hype and BS :ndance:

I agree, but that is a very narrow minded stance Marty.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
salman
BMX
BMX

Post by salman »

BS Your all high. It's ok Im a Psychopath :thumbwink:
1988 Honda Elite LX50 (resto, non factory ;)
Tampa Florida . www.southtampascooters.com
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Bear45-70 wrote:
bradthreee wrote:
martynkim wrote:Acid flashback? All this * it just hype and BS :ndance:

I agree, but that is a very narrow minded stance Marty.

It is just the flavor of the month in reality shows. Just entertainment, If I can't touch it see it or otherwise it isn't real. Just like Blair Witch although much more tolerable won't make me sea sick.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

We're not talking reality shows here Marty, we're talking about real life stuff.
If I can't touch it see it or otherwise it isn't real.
If that's the case Marty, what about the air we breath? Is that real?

Also both these phenomena have been well documented through out history, dating back to the Mesopotamians.

I guess all that is just BS too :jack: