dear portlandians

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

turtle13
Elite
Elite

dear portlandians

Post by turtle13 »

Ok so the wife and I are taking a little trip up to portland in early october, and I was wondering if there is anything or any place we should go. I am big into craft beer, so there is a laundry list already going of things to do from that list... But were both pretty big food people. Any good local only type restraunts that we should hit? Any and all suggestions welcome.
I just know I gotta keep my eyes off craigslist, cause between you guys and michigan in general, you seem to be able to snag a bunch of scooter deals...
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: dear portlandians

Post by Bear45-70 »

The correct term is Portlanders. Native born.

The zoo is amazing.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
tuserv
Goped
Goped

Re: dear portlandians

Post by tuserv »

wikipeida grab

Breweries

Portland is well-known for its microbrewery beer.[50] Oregon Public Broadcasting has documented Portland's role in the microbrew revolution in the United States in a report called Beervana.[51] Some illustrate Portlanders' interest in the beverage by an offer made in 1888 when local brewer Henry Weinhard volunteered to pump beer from his brewery into the newly dedicated Skidmore Fountain. However, the renown for quality beer dates to the 1980s when state law was changed to allow consumption of beer on brewery premises. Brewery innovation was supported by the abundance of local ingredients, including two-row barley, over a dozen varieties of hops, and pure water from the Bull Run Watershed.

With twenty-eight breweries within the city, Portland is home to more breweries than any other city in the country,[50] which is partially responsible for CNBC naming Portland the best city for happy hour in the U.S.[52] The McMenamin brothers alone have over thirty brewpubs, distilleries, and wineries scattered throughout the metropolitan area, several in renovated cinemas and other historically significant buildings otherwise destined for demolition. Other notable Portland brewers include Widmer Brothers, BridgePort, and Hair of the Dog, as well as numerous smaller, quality brewers. In 1999, author Michael "Beerhunter" Jackson called Portland a candidate for the beer capital of the world because the city boasted more breweries than Cologne, Germany. The Portland Oregon Visitors Association promotes "Beervana" and "Brewtopia" as nicknames for the city.[53] In mid-January 2006, Mayor Tom Potter officially gave the city a new nickname: Beertown.[54]