How Old Is Everyone?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

How old is everyone?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:28 am

50+
18%
40-49
6%
30-39
27%
18-29
36%
Less than 18
12%

Total votes: 33

bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

sfzoo
BMX
BMX

Post by sfzoo »

25, i ride w/ a couple dudes my age...but w/o this forum, i'd be lost too
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Wow... this board used to be mostly 18 and under and a few guys in their 50's a couple of years ago... the demographic is shifting.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
rain
Noob
Noob

Post by rain »

21 over here but a newb with scooters and mopeds in general and this is my first ever bought and first ever rebuild for a scooter lol.........
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

my vote in the middle.
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

I'm 21 and... well, I like cars but I rather ride a moped like my sig says. Better mileage, and just all around cool. Low maintenance for the most part!

I learned so much from this forum... and had it not been for this forum, I would not have made the few friends here who've taught me even more.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

c/o 1994
circusracer
Goped
Goped

Post by circusracer »

KillinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by KillinSpree »

monkeywrench
Spree
Spree

Post by monkeywrench »

here kitty kitty kitty
http://www.youtube.com/warmonkey80
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

wikked_spree57 wrote:I'm 21 and... well, I like cars but I rather ride a moped like my sig says. Better mileage, and just all around cool. Low maintenance for the most part!

I learned so much from this forum... and had it not been for this forum, I would not have made the few friends here who've taught me even more.
Yeah exactly. I'm almost 33 and I have spent a lot of my life working on cars. The scooters are just fun. They are easy to tinker with and relaxing or real fun to ride.

I have a decent knowledge on the way things work. I have always been a car guy. I got real hooked on old stuff in high school. I bought a 70 Cutlass with the money I saved up working an entire summer my sophomore year, by my senior year I had sold it and was driving a crap box van daily and cruising to shows on the weekends in my 1938 Flathead powered coupe.

I have owned several cars since, built and worked on a lot of lowriders, have owned many motorcycles, 6x6 Attex'x, go karts, jet ski's and just lots of toys.

I still own my 38 Ford that I bought in high school, I still have my 72 Chevy 3 pumped from my lowrider days and I also have a 66 Cutty with 42,000 miles on it in the garage. Along with a few other motor powered toys.

I have a collection of around 350 or so radio's, mostly am tube radio's. I studied industrial machining and took cnc courses in college. I spent a few years working as a manager of a Lincoln/Mercury parts dept before leaving to help my father out with running the family business (which has nothing to do with mechanical stuff :( ).

So anyways there is a very good database of people from all walks of life on these forums. People that have lots of knowledge and are more than willing to help each other out when they need it. There are people with lots of mechanical knowledge, to people that compose music and even have their own CD's.

Thats what makes this forum so great.
Wheelman-111

How Old? Well Uh, I Don't Remember...

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Dirt = younger than the Wheelman.

Actually I had to check the first box in your poll. Thanks a lot, Bear! :lol:

I misspent my youth in the Great White North tinkering with snowmobiles in winter and a couple of minibikes + a Kawasaki 90 ring-ding + outboards in summer. At that time, snowmobiles featured 12-25 HP Sachs, Kohler, Canadian Curtiss-Wright and Rotax-powered wheezy nasty one-lungers. When our family got a pair of 34-HP Skiroule RTXs, we thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Today those would be barely enough power to serve as the Starter motor for the real mill. Last time I checked out Ski-Doo's website, a midlevel sled boasted 150 HP. Sheesh.

I helped keep a 1961 McCullough Scott 25 outboard alive until this past summer, when some of the atoms in the metal reached a critical point in their half-lives and sublimated into anti-matter. Actually there's no way to find parts for the - yes, again - carb, which went out of production when JFK was still alive.

I've tinkered with early Japanese 4s and '70s Ford V8s. I have also rebuilt the top end of a late-70s Yamaha 750 triple and goofed about trying to break a couple of Honda V4s. Those bikes offered no owner satisfaction at all - too darned reliable. They'd run for about 100,000 miles without doing anything but adding gasoline. I owned an XL-600 Thumper in there somewhere too. Kickstart only ensured I got lots of exercise.

I make my living in healthcare, and am a new arrival in Beaumont, Texas, after 20 years in Corpus Christi.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: How Old? Well Uh, I Don't Remember...

Post by Bear45-70 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Dirt = younger than the Wheelman.

Actually I had to check the first box in your poll. Thanks a lot, Bear! :lol:

I misspent my youth in the Great White North tinkering with snowmobiles in winter and a couple of minibikes + a Kawasaki 90 ring-ding + outboards in summer. At that time, snowmobiles featured 12-25 HP Sachs, Kohler, Canadian Curtiss-Wright and Rotax-powered wheezy nasty one-lungers. When our family got a pair of 34-HP Skiroule RTXs, we thought we'd died and gone to heaven. Today those would be barely enough power to serve as the Starter motor for the real mill. Last time I checked out Ski-Doo's website, a midlevel sled boasted 150 HP. Sheesh.

I helped keep a 1961 McCullough Scott 25 outboard alive until this past summer, when some of the atoms in the metal reached a critical point in their half-lives and sublimated into anti-matter. Actually there's no way to find parts for the - yes, again - carb, which went out of production when JFK was still alive.

I've tinkered with early Japanese 4s and '70s Ford V8s. I have also rebuilt the top end of a late-70s Yamaha 750 triple and goofed about trying to break a couple of Honda V4s. Those bikes offered no owner satisfaction at all - too darned reliable. They'd run for about 100,000 miles without doing anything but adding gasoline. I owned an XL-600 Thumper in there somewhere too. Kickstart only ensured I got lots of exercise.

I make my living in healthcare, and am a new arrival in Beaumont, Texas, after 20 years in Corpus Christi.
Oh, I really like this. It's my fault you are almost as old as dirt. Image
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
dennie41
Noob
Noob

Post by dennie41 »

first post.im 67yrs young,been a gear head forever.best forum ive found.i have vento r4,kymco zx50,and 2007 vip.thanks,Dennis murray springfield missouri
67 yrs old,gear head,and computers
Wheelman-111

Scooters and Computers

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Now comes Dennie41 to torpedo the misconception that anyone who remembers the Beatles is incapable of comprehending the concept of email. I've got a screen full of postage stamps to prove otherwise.

Ride on!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH