daywot (now Censored)

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

daywot (now censored)

Post by novs86 »

:shock: Good catch! wow not only did I spell it wrong once not twice but three times. Let me see now ccccccceeeeeeennnnnnnnssssssssooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Ok...... now Ive got it ...... I had to spell it out ! :lol: :lol: thanks for pointing that out lune..... and yea for what ever else you said to.... thanks!!! :lol: :lol:

BTW now that I caught that you might want to re-read the thread.

The sensor.... I mean censor was when wheelman censored the prices..... not lets censor daywot! :lol: ooohhhhhh you looon!!!
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: daywot (now sensored)

Post by novs86 »

eclypse wrote:I've emailed him a couple of times about the keli variator he sells and never got a response from him. All i wanted to know is if it would work with my scoot and if it came with the ramp plate.
His downfall is his communication skills not knowlege of scoots thats for sure. Half my scoot .....springs, shock, motor and so much more was bought from him. He is the first place I look online when I need something. But now I know not to expect to here from him by every little question I ask him by e-mail. If I'm lost on something Ive looked to alot of you guys for the answers not him.
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

I have made one and only one order through Daywot. It is the first and FINAL time I will ever do business with him. There is a thread on here somewhere about my experience.

VTCycles has/can get everything he has and is always cheaper in price and shipping cost.
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

wiguy05 wrote:I have made one and only one order through Daywot. It is the first and FINAL time I will ever do business with him. There is a thread on here somewhere about my experience.

VTCycles has/can get everything he has and is always cheaper in price and shipping cost.
Really, Why does there website suck. I would pursue them more if I knew what I was buying. Help me out on this wiguy05.
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

wiguy05 wrote:I have made one and only one order through Daywot. It is the first and FINAL time I will ever do business with him. There is a thread on here somewhere about my experience.

agreed, he's definately making money on these transactions. But hey, a guys gotta pay da bills.
What a shame about the censorship though. I'm really unimpressed with "moderater authority" on this topic.
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

akskoot wrote:What a shame about the censorship though. I'm really unimpressed with "moderater authority" on this topic.
Where does it say daywot has been censored by a moderator or administrator? There is no place they can have that authority. This thread was started by novs86. He is not a moderator and does not have authority to censor. But he can advocate a boycott. Whether I agree or not is not the issue. He has the right to do that. It's up to you whether you want to join the boycott.

As for me, I still believe in being competitive. I'm learning more about scooters and how to shop for mods and the competition is what will cause me to buy elsewhere, not because somebody else doesn't like a certain vendor. Problem is, far too often we are not comparing apples to apples, it's apples to oranges. For instance, daywot has a cheaper price for his variator kit. But it utilizes parts of the OEM. VTCycles is more expensive but a more complete kit. So how do you compare?

BTW novs86, I thought you weren't speaking to me. I'm over it, how 'bout you?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Wheelman-111

Sensor, Censure, and Censorship The Peril of Homonyms

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

By chance Novs86 came upon information regarding a fellow scooterist's business he probably shouldn't have seen. Posting someone else's private matters - the specific numbers - on the Forum: Not cool. I wouldn't put your income tax return up here, either. Though I have it... :) I removed the specific numbers while leaving the essence of the message - that a business person charged a markup - intact. I could've deleted the whole message, but this discussion has merit.

LT the word you're looking for is Censure: a public declaration of harsh criticism. For such a relatively low markup, it seems like praise is due instead, but that is the essence of this debate: Now much profit is "excessive"? I guess that depends most of all on whether you're buying or selling.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Sensor, Censure, and Censorship The Peril of Homonyms

Post by Lunytune »

Wheelman-111 wrote:LT the word you're looking for is Censure: a public declaration of harsh criticism. For such a relatively low markup, it seems like praise is due instead, but that is the essence of this debate: Now much profit is "excessive"? I guess that depends most of all on whether you're buying or selling.
The word used is up to the original poster. It doesn't matter to me, as I make my own decisions when it comes to purchases, and that is based on competion.

What kind of car do you drive and where do you buy? I have my preference, based on past performance, although it is not necessarily the cheapest. It is a lot cheaper to drive a Chevy than a Mopar. Cost is not the only factor to consider. Will I buy more from daywot? Possibly. Will I buy from his competitors? That too. I only have one loyalty and that is not in this equation.

In the meantime, I'm not a part of a boycott or censureship. I'm just trying to make up my mind on which way to go with a variator... and there are too many factors to sort out.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Re: daywot (now Censored)

Post by eclypse »

Its pretty simple choice on the variator. Call VTcycles and order it. Daywot's keli variator does not come with a ramp plate or guides. You can use your stock plate and guides but it may not work or fit as well as one made for the variator. You may beable to get a ramp plate from daywot as well, but he'll charge you another 18-20 for it.

If i was to be buying a variator for my 88 SA50 LX it would most likely be from vtcycles as you'll get a complete variator.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

By chance Novs86 came upon information regarding a fellow scooterist's business he probably shouldn't have seen. Posting someone else's private matters - the specific numbers - on the Forum: Not cool. I wouldn't put your income tax return up here, either. Though I have it... :) I removed the specific numbers while leaving the essence of the message - that a business person charged a markup - intact. I could've deleted the whole message, but this discussion has merit.

LT the word you're looking for is Censure: a public declaration of harsh criticism. For such a relatively low markup, it seems like praise is due instead, but that is the essence of this debate: Now much profit is "excessive"? I guess that depends most of all on whether you're buying or selling.
I asked a friend of mine if the invoice was included in his shipping box and it was as well. So it was not by chance at all. As far as them being someones private matters and this being " not cool" This again is your opinion and your opinion only. You should have your facts straight before passing judgement on someone else and censoring them. :roll: This seems to be a trend that Pollini USA follows so take it up with them. They made it public knowledge ..not me!

No where in this post is harsh criticism of daywot. Very mild if that, and the same could be found in other areas of this forum by other people. I remember reading in this thread from myself as well as others praise for daywot. As far as this being compared to a income tax return.... That comparison has no merit and as far as I'm concerned could be considered a threat! Maybe you should read your own roolz! :twisted: As far as your statment "I could've deleted the whole message, but this discussion has merit". WOW ,I think giving you a little power went to your head! :shock: I believe in freedom of speech where it sounds like you don't.
This was not a boycott of anykind lunytune. BTW luny were cool. I never hold grudges :)
Last edited by novs86 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

I totally disagree with your assessment of the issue. If Polini had not included the paper work then this info would not be public. Their screw up and not Novs86 and from further post this seems to be Polini's common practice. Hence the inappropriate censorship ( the original spelling error gave me a head ache, but I kept my mouth shut for once).

FYI, I have over the years I have had many items drop shipped to me and ALWAYS the paper work is blank where it tells what whoever sold to me actually paid for the item. That is correct business practice and if Polini doesn't follow it that is not the people heres fault and the info is in the public domain.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Bear45-70 wrote:

I totally disagree with your assessment of the issue. If Polini had not included the paper work then this info would not be public. Their screw up and not Novs86 and from further post this seems to be Polini's common practice. Hence the inappropriate censorship ( the original spelling error gave me a head ache, but I kept my mouth shut for once).

FYI, I have over the years I have had many items drop shipped to me and ALWAYS the paper work is blank where it tells what whoever sold to me actually paid for the item. That is correct business practice and if Polini doesn't follow it that is not the people heres fault and the info is in the public domain.
Thanks bear for not lashing out at me on the spelling. I know and admit I cant spell worth the sh*t.
Thanks also for backing me on this !
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

novs86 wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:

Thanks bear for not lashing out at me on the spelling. I know and admit I cant spell worth the sh*t.
Thanks also for backing me on this !

Ever hear of "Spell Check?" That's my savior, at least when the wife is not home.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Post by akskoot »

[quote/] LT the word you're looking for is Censure: a public declaration of harsh criticism. For such a relatively low markup, it seems like praise is due instead, but that is the essence of this debate: Now much profit is "excessive"? I guess that depends most of all on whether you're buying or selling.[/quote]

I would seem to me the word he's looking for is Censor, from censorship--the elimination of unauthorized material from writings, etc. We could have a grand debate about the first amendment, but it's pointless cuz none of that applies here where a moderator decides what's appropriate for us to view.
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

novs86 wrote: Really, Why does there website suck. I would pursue them more if I knew what I was buying. Help me out on this wiguy05.
Because websites take lots of time + effort, and you really only get tire-kickers anyway. THEY HAVE A NUMBER, CALL THEM.
They can answer any questions/help you decide over the phone, but it is widely know the whole website/email side of things is useless.
IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM VT, CALL THEM!
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land