daywot (now Censored)

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Re: daywot (now sensored)

Post by wiguy05 »

808BMW wrote:
novs86 wrote: Really, Why does there website suck. I would pursue them more if I knew what I was buying. Help me out on this wiguy05.
Because websites take lots of time + effort, and you really only get tire-kickers anyway. THEY HAVE A NUMBER, CALL THEM.
They can answer any questions/help you decide over the phone, but it is widely know the whole website/email side of things is useless.
IF YOU NEED ANYTHING FROM VT, CALL THEM!
Agreed. Phones do wonders these days.

Also, if the censorship is that big of an issue, then there are other websites out there for you to frequent. I'm not trying to be a *, but this site is owned/operated by others and whatever they say, goes. :?
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

wiguy05 wrote:
808BMW wrote:
novs86 wrote: Really, Why does there website suck. I would pursue them more if I knew what I was buying. Help me out on this wiguy05.
Because websites take lots of time + effort, and you really only get tire-kickers anyway. THEY HAVE A NUMBER, CALL THEM.
They can answer any questions/help you decide over the phone, but it is widely know the whole website/email side of things is useless.

Also, if the censorship is that big of an issue, then there are other websites out there for you to frequent. I'm not trying to be a *, but this site is owned/operated by others and whatever they say, goes. :?
Are you saying that they are above making a mistake? The you are wrong. Nobody is right all the time. And to say it can't be brought up is also BS. *, Teddy said says it all;

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt, Republican, 1918
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

Bear45-70 wrote: Are you saying that they are above making a mistake? The you are wrong. Nobody is right all the time. And to say it can't be brought up is also BS. *, Teddy said says it all;

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

wiguy05 wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote: Are you saying that they are above making a mistake? The you are wrong. Nobody is right all the time. And to say it can't be brought up is also BS. *, Teddy said says it all;

Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

wiguy05 wrote:
808BMW wrote:

Your right, phones are a useful tool I agree. BUT.... it is nice to actually look at what he has, shop his prices, compare to other web sights and what they have...ETC... ETC.... Your reasoning is stupid. Do you call a store and say"what do you have? OH really ... OK I'll buy that! Wait.... I'll take two !!!!"
Unless you are part of VT cycles and are trying to sell for them , why would you shop for anything that way! You know what... maybe VT cycles is a great place to buy parts. I don't doubt that in the least. I'm sorry though...if he was that intelligent he would have a good website or sell on EBay.(maybe he does sell on Ebay under a different name which would be stupid as well!) Word of mouth is not enough these days. If you start a web site.. then finish it the right way and it would only help his business!

"Because websites take lots of time + effort, and you really only get tire-kickers anyway." Thats the most ignorant thing I have heard in a long time! Seems like you spend alot of time on this website though huh?

As far as the censorship, I was only making a statement. I realize that thanks! I don't want to be a * either but I know it is owned/operated by others and whatever they say, goes. I dont need to hear that statement from you.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

The thing that peope don't understand is that VTCycles is a small, local scooter repair shop with an average sized inventory. They aren't like daywot or other "online only" stores that simply sell parts to the worldwide market for a profit. In all honesty they probably don't give a crap if joe-blow from Georgia gets his big bore kit or not. While they are very friendly and always willing to help out, it's just not the type of business they are.

The way I see it is that we are LUCKY to be offered any scooter performance parts here in the States. Our scooter market is basically nill compared to other nations in the world.

Simply give VTC a call and let them know what you're looking to do. They are incredibly knowledgable about many types of scooters, thus making "seeing the parts" entirely unnecessary. They know more about these parts than any of us do anyways...

(Yes, even more than Bear, eventhough he'll swear up and down that he is the almighty knowledge holder of all that is two-stroke engines)
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: daywot (now Censored)

Post by Lunytune »

Why are we still talking about censorship by a moderator or administrator. It hasn't happened!!! Novs, the only reason I suggested "boycott" as a better word was because you were the original poster and used "sensor", meaning "censor". But it hasn't happened, so I'm wondering why we're still talking about it.
the original spelling error gave me a head ache, but I kept my mouth shut for once
I sure do wish we had a Smilie for ROFL. Bear, I know that took considerable restraint on your part. After it was repeated so many times by others, I had to correct it.
FYI, I have over the years I have had many items drop shipped to me and ALWAYS the paper work is blank where it tells what whoever sold to me actually paid for the item
My bbk from daywot was drop shipped from Polini and it contained no paperwork, not even an invoice with blank price.
You mean the person answering the telephone is more than a tire kicker? Generally, I get some secretary who can barely answer the phone. Lots easier to just fix the website.
"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." Theodore Roosevelt, Republican, 1918
Somebody forgot to tell Obama. :?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

wiguy05 wrote:The thing that peope don't understand is that VTCycles is a small, local scooter repair shop with an average sized inventory. They aren't like daywot or other "online only" stores that simply sell parts to the worldwide market for a profit. In all honesty they probably don't give a crap if joe-blow from Georgia gets his big bore kit or not. While they are very friendly and always willing to help out, it's just not the type of business they are.

The way I see it is that we are LUCKY to be offered any scooter performance parts here in the States. Our scooter market is basically nill compared to other nations in the world.

Simply give VTC a call and let them know what you're looking to do. They are incredibly knowledgable about many types of scooters, thus making "seeing the parts" entirely unnecessary. They know more about these parts than any of us do anyways...

(Yes, even more than Bear, eventhough he'll swear up and down that he is the almighty knowledge holder of all that is two-stroke engines)
I just don't see eye to eye with you on this at all. :? Anyone with a business wants it to grow. If they don't care about selling something to someone to make a profit then why have a business to start with. This is 2009 (which I'm sure you are aware of) not 1985 where only the yellow pages exists. If you can expand your business to the world then why not do it. Stop speaking for a company you obviously believe in with these statements. You are doing them more harm then good I assure you. I really don't think in my opinion they would agree with you that they would like to stay small. I'm sure they have dreams of supplying the world with their parts and knowledge.
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

novs86 wrote:Stop speaking for a company you obviously believe in with these statements. You are doing them more harm then good I assure you. I really don't think in my opinion they would agree with you that they would like to stay small. I'm sure they have dreams of supplying the world with their parts and knowledge.
I don't think you realize how many thousands of companies there are out there that have no "internet stores" or barely any online ties what-so-ever. *, I can list dozens of local shops around me that are great but have no online ties. The online sales market is not for everyone and if you can make plenty of money locally, why bother with all of the costs/hassle associated with online retailing? I also don't think you are aware of the costs of creating and maintaining an up to date website.

And more and more it sounds like you're just whining because you aren't being spoon fed the information in which you seek :roll:
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

novs86 wrote:
wiguy05 wrote:The thing that peope don't understand is that VTCycles is a small, local scooter repair shop with an average sized inventory.
I just don't see eye to eye with you on this at all. :? Anyone with a business wants it to grow. If they don't care about selling something to someone to make a profit then why have a business to start with. This is 2009 (which I'm sure you are aware of) not 1985 where only the yellow pages exists. If you can expand your business to the world then why not do it. Stop speaking for a company you obviously believe in with these statements. You are doing them more harm then good I assure you. I really don't think in my opinion they would agree with you that they would like to stay small. I'm sure they have dreams of supplying the world with their parts and knowledge.
Had to read it through to make sure which side you were on.

VTCycle would not have developed a website if they wanted to stay a small local shop. They went on line, advertising around the world, and at least domestic shipping. So that means they want to be more than a small local shop. Good Lord, a sign out front will do that.

So if they want to reach a broad market, they need to make their website as user friendly as possible. IMO it is not. I have a hearing problem and detest the phone. I would much prefer to understand the written screen when I order.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

Lunytune wrote:Why are we still talking about censorship by a moderator or administrator. It hasn't happened!!!
I'm not sure you understand that the first post in this thread originally contained numbers instead of **. This is the censorship that is being referenced, for better or worse.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

VT Cycles has been open for years using the business practices that they still follow.
Would it be nice for them to have a good website? Yes. Will it happen? Not likely.

I've obviously looked at the site like you, but didn't throw a hissy-fit when I realized it isn't up to date, much like 5 million other sites on the internet.

If you've ever tried to sell anything over the internet, you'd realize most guys out there are "tire-kickers". Ask anyone on here who regularly sells parts (god forbid tries to make a living from it) and they will agree wholeheartedly. Would you rather reply to 100 emails that turn up no sales, or 5 phone calls that may bring 1 sale?

Calling the guys who own VT cycles unintelligent won't get you any parts. Neither will complaining to us. If you don't want to call, then go find somewhere else to buy your stuff. IF you can even find it, don't complain when everyone tells you VT had it for cheaper.

Would it be better to take down the whole website at just put up a banner that says "I cannot leave outdated lists of parts on a website, please call this number"?
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

wiguy05 wrote:
novs86 wrote:Stop speaking for a company you obviously believe in with these statements. You are doing them more harm then good I assure you. I really don't think in my opinion they would agree with you that they would like to stay small. I'm sure they have dreams of supplying the world with their parts and knowledge.
I don't think you realize how many thousands of companies there are out there that have no "internet stores" or barely any online ties what-so-ever. *, I can list dozens of local shops around me that are great but have no online ties. The online sales market is not for everyone and if you can make plenty of money locally, why bother with all of the costs/hassle associated with online retailing? I also don't think you are aware of the costs of creating and maintaining an up to date website.

And more and more it sounds like you're just whining because you aren't being spoon fed the information in which you seek :roll:
VT cycles did create a website didn't they? Lets see.. why did they do that then? I don't know maybe so they could sell Jimmy down the street new springs. :lol: I also am quite aware of what it cost to run a website since I had a few myself in the past. It is quite cost effective and is a worth while investment if you have a product or service that is somewhat unique and alot of people could benefit from it. VT Cycles is a company from what you have stated that has these qualities :roll:

And as far as your whining slam, when you run out of stupid things to say. Sometimes its better to just keep quiet. :lol:
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

Lunytune wrote:
novs86 wrote:
wiguy05 wrote:The thing that peope don't understand is that VTCycles is a small, local scooter repair shop with an average sized inventory.
Had to read it through to make sure which side you were on.

VTCycle would not have developed a website if they wanted to stay a small local shop. They went on line, advertising around the world, and at least domestic shipping. So that means they want to be more than a small local shop. Good Lord, a sign out front will do that.

So if they want to reach a broad market, they need to make their website as user friendly as possible. IMO it is not. I have a hearing problem and detest the phone. I would much prefer to understand the written screen when I order.
Thankyou, Lunytune
Its nice to know that others on here make sense of what I'm saying.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

808BMW wrote:VT Cycles has been open for years using the business practices that they still follow.
Would it be nice for them to have a good website? Yes. Will it happen? Not likely.

I've obviously looked at the site like you, but didn't throw a hissy-fit when I realized it isn't up to date, much like 5 million other sites on the internet.

If you've ever tried to sell anything over the internet, you'd realize most guys out there are "tire-kickers". Ask anyone on here who regularly sells parts (god forbid tries to make a living from it) and they will agree wholeheartedly. Would you rather reply to 100 emails that turn up no sales, or 5 phone calls that may bring 1 sale?

Calling the guys who own VT cycles unintelligent won't get you any parts. Neither will complaining to us. If you don't want to call, then go find somewhere else to buy your stuff. IF you can even find it, don't complain when everyone tells you VT had it for cheaper.

Would it be better to take down the whole website at just put up a banner that says "I cannot leave outdated lists of parts on a website, please call this number"?
What hissy fit? Please quote this for me. I never slammed VTCycles but defended them fromy your stupidity.Who are you to tell me where to buy stuff? Wait unless you are VT Cycles? :lol: