On the Art of Posting

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

On the Art of Posting

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It has been a privilege for me to be part of this Forum. Lately some criticism has caused me to evaluate my humble contributions. I intend to try to follow these guidelines.

1. Make every sentence meaningful.
2. Be concise.
3. Be clear.
4. Be careful with humor.
5. Share what you know firsthand..
6. Indicate when you're not sure, or if it's an opinion, something you've read, or just a guess.
7. Be mindful of others' feelings.
8. Be respectful of others' bandwidth and time.
9. Ask for, do not demand help.
10. Have fun.
Last edited by Wheelman-111 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Evidently I can't type... :(
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
mookie
Elite
Elite

Re: On the Art of Posting

Post by mookie »

i'd follow Wheelman back 'n forth 'n back 'n forth 'cross 'ist country.
when we got hungry we'd eat. when got thirsty we'd drink.
when we had to, well you know...
remind everyone that for the efforts of fine youug cannibals such as mr wheelman here ,...well there wouldn't be no bubba gump scooter forum.
yall sleep tight now- you heeur?

:naughty:
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
az_slynch
Spree
Spree

Post by az_slynch »

Banwidth (Ban-width) n.

1. the administrative capacity of a forum administrator to excommunicate socially- and grammatically-challenged forum users; the speed with which trolls are toaded from a message board: Behaving in a rude manner to other forum users while they try to glean meaningful contents from your posts will result in low-latency banwidth.
Sorry Wheelman, I didn't initially intend to riff on the misspell, but the resulting word was pretty ironic in light of current events. Much respect for your stand-up salesmanship and technical know-how.
'64 Vespa 90 (V9A1)
'65 Allstate Compact (DS60)
'74 Vespa 125 Primavera (VMA2)
'81 Vespa P200E (VSX1) (2)
'83 Yamaha Riva (XC180K) (2)
'84 Yamaha Riva (CV80L)
'85 Honda Spree (NQ50)
'86 Honda Gyro S (TG50)
'87 Honda Elite (CH80)
'89 Honda Elite E (SB50P)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

No worries, mate! I can take (or be... :oops: ) a joke. Good catch and clever processing!
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
az_slynch
Spree
Spree

Post by az_slynch »

Funny thing is, reading through those postings, I had an idea for another definition:
speilchecker (Shpeel-czecher) n.

1. An application designed to analyse a lengthy or extravagant post and automatically correct for comprehension, punctuation and grammar.
The guy who writes that one should be given a medal.
'64 Vespa 90 (V9A1)
'65 Allstate Compact (DS60)
'74 Vespa 125 Primavera (VMA2)
'81 Vespa P200E (VSX1) (2)
'83 Yamaha Riva (XC180K) (2)
'84 Yamaha Riva (CV80L)
'85 Honda Spree (NQ50)
'86 Honda Gyro S (TG50)
'87 Honda Elite (CH80)
'89 Honda Elite E (SB50P)
Wheelman-111

Spiel-Checker

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

A medal indeed! I fear I would fail Spiel-Checker scrutiny myself at times... :oops:

But since we're in Chit-Chat, howzabout:

Glossary: [glaw-suh-ry] n. A Chinese food store.
Wheelman-111
Storm
Goped
Goped

Post by Storm »

Also in Chinese

Supplies [supp-liez] :

1 to frighten an unsuspecting victim

2 what you hope not to find upon opening up your spree :)
Not one day that we are here on this earth is promised to us, so treat every day as if it is your last, and every breath as if it were the same

198? Honda Spree NQ50M (got parts of two different bike mixed up in there!)
Wheelman-111

Public Quarrels

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm thinking of adding something to address the issue of the public airing of private matters. Reading one thread, a Forum member's reputation was dragged through the mud, only to end in the delivery of the disputed part. Apologies, at least, would seem to be indicated.

I'm not sure these issues should appear as threads at all, and will post a Report to get NoiseGuy's take on this issue.
Wheelman-111
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

wheelman if you are referring to my post that said i got it, that is referring to his address as somebody said if they had his address they would pay him a visit. im STILL WAITING on my carb from member JAMADI112233. doubt ill ever see it so no APOLOGY required.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

odinxxix wrote:wheelman if you are referring to my post that said i got it, that is referring to his address as somebody said if they had his address they would pay him a visit. im STILL WAITING on my carb from member JAMADI112233. doubt ill ever see it so no APOLOGY required.
Not you :lol:
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
mookie
Elite
Elite

Re: Public Quarrels

Post by mookie »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

I'm thinking of adding something to address the issue of the public airing of private matters. Reading one thread, a Forum member's reputation was dragged through the mud, only to end in the delivery of the disputed part. Apologies, at least, would seem to be indicated.

I'm not sure these issues should appear as threads at all, and will post a Report to get NoiseGuy's take on this issue.
here here. quiet the insightful observation herr Wheelman.
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Actually there have been several threads featuring the Public Airing of Dirty Laundry. I was not referring to you Odin Two-Niner. I am aware that you have not received merchandise for which you paid. I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of your account, but I just don't like reading only one person's version of the story. Maybe the seller is a scam artist, or maybe he's been killed in a tragic scooter accident because his front brake was too small. :wink:

However as I said I have read several threads over these many months where the part eventually did arrive, and there was a plausible explanation for the delay. However the seller, who turned out to be perfectly legit, was unfairly maligned and probably left for that reason.

My point is that I'm not sure the place to kvetch about this is the open Forum. If you paid with PayPal, there's a button you can click and PayPal will investigate and refund your money. If you sent a Money Order, you have legal recourse if it's worth pursuing. I would urge restraint about veiled threats of "personal visits", but that's your call. Just be careful; Scooter-riders can be mean SOBs. You could have Captain Picard Action Figures thrown at you, or worse! :wink:

There is a Caveat Emptor sticky in WTB/FS that's worth reading so there isn't a next time. Perhaps Noisy will follow up on his idea to include a Bad Sellers list in For Sale. Meanwhile, I won't touch a thing, but hope he deletes the whole sordid mess and comes up with a better vehicle for such complaints.
Wheelman-111
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

understood wheelman, yes it would be a good idea to have a "warning" thread. i have no plans on visiting him it would cost me more to visit then just to stay home and write it off. i didnt use paypal or money order, i went on trust cause of this being a good community and sent him the 18.00 in cash. guess i learned a lesson the hard way huh.? shame on us both. live and learn thats how it goes.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I'm sorry this happened, Two-Niner. If it makes you feel any better, think how Karma has a way of coming back around. Or the Golden Rule, or... well, you get the idea.
Wheelman-111
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Wheelman-111 wrote: There is a Caveat Emptor sticky in WTB/FS that's worth reading so there isn't a next time. Perhaps Noisy will follow up on his idea to include a Bad Sellers list in For Sale. Meanwhile, I won't touch a thing, but hope he deletes the whole sordid mess and comes up with a better vehicle for such complaints.
Geez. The For Sale section is really a hassle. I think that over half the problems I see on the board relate back to that section. I see that Jamadi112233 has made a name for himself here recently.

What I'd like to find is a seller feedback mod that I could install on this board. SMF (Simple Machines Forum) has a "Trader System" mod that allow members to rate other users in transactions. Everything I've seen for PHP3 is a kludge; long threads with lots of names.

If anyone can find such a mod, I'd like to see it. I'm looking for one now.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products