ninja

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

ninja

Post by Jim »

oooo i ran into that ricky guy last night and he let me try out his 250 that night! ooooommmmmmgggg that stuff is mad fun!! the whole foot shifting wasnt bad as i thought it would be and the difference in power... makes me want one sooooo bad right now, im going into withdrawls :cry: *scratches neck*. It turns out that hes going to drive it down to mexico and sell it for outragously too much money, because they will go for it down there. so oh well no cheap ninja for me. Brand new '05 right out of the store is around $3000. Donno if i can keep riding the spree till i get THAT much, maybe get a crappy one that runs first then save the $3k.
86 Honda Spree - Lawn Ornament
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
92 Honda CBR600 F2 - Current Daily driver
Spree Repair Guide
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Glad to hear you had fun.

If the guy wants to go to all the trouble of driving from Seattle to Mexico to sell a $500 bike, more power to him. Sounds like a waste of time, or he just wants you to pay more. At least you got to ride it.

Have you thought about expanding your search to older standards? For example, Honda CB360s from the 70's are dead reliable and super cheap. So are the Honda SOHC 750s and DOHC 750s. My other bike is a '82 Honda CB900F, another cheap/reliable bike. Of course, if you could pick up a race replica 250 for $500, that might still be better. Aesthetics and resale are important.

For $3K, I'd look for a used Suzuki SV650. I have a feeling you'll outgrow a 250cc pretty quickly.

BTW, I assume since you're shopping bikes you have taken or are going to take a motorcycle safety foundation (MSF) course...
Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jim »

i wanna keep it down in numbers, i dont want to start off with a 900cc honda (i assume CB900F is 900cc) and kill myself hydroplaning over a puddle. I think that im in the range of 250-500 right now. Another thing, seattle isnt known for its bikes... in fact not alot of people in the rainy state have motorocycle, so im thinking it would be a little harder for me to find a good cheap motorcycle than, say arizona.

The reason i want to get a brand new one is because its brand spankin new, maybe 30 miles on it from the dealership driving it in at night everynight, but flawless, and warrenties arent bad either :)
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
Spree Repair Guide
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

There are motorcyclists there; I know of at least a few that are on another site that ride CB900Fs. The short riding season is actually an advantage, I would think the bikes would typically lower milage. Like in Michigan. In AZ, the miles get racked up a lot faster.

Did you ever buy anything?
Jim
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Jim »

im in no hurry, the spree still runs(great) and gets me from point a to point b. im still looking around for a good deal, ive been using this website www.craigslist.com for online ads, its pretty good, they have a motorcycle section and everything. ricky is actually on his way down to mexico right now.

btw the reason i havent been on the forums at all latley, is because my computer decided to puke out on me, my brother says i need a new harddrive. so im using a library computer right now. ill be back when mine is happier.
83 Suzuki GS450E - Sold
Spree Repair Guide