mopeds(not) you ride (pics please)

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: mopeds you ride (pics please)

Post by martynkim »

Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
jlynn433
Spree
Spree

Post by jlynn433 »

evilone wrote:
toad772 wrote:Do you people even know what a god d*** moped is I only saw 2 mopeds and they where the trac and the tomos on page 24 could be more cause I skipped a lot of pages but everyone is posting scooters in a moped thread(I know the op meant scooter when he said moped).
Why are you so fixated with the scooter being called a moped? It'll be ok, trust me. And people have asked me about my "Spree" but really it's an "Elite" :nervous:. I just correct them but don't get all * :roll:.
little kids either call mine a dirtbike or crotch rocket so i think im doing something right :woot:
'00 Honda Elite S.....................'06 Yamaha Zuma
-80cc Taiwanese BBK...............-Taiwan pwr pkg
-Malossi Vari
-6.9:1 Primary gears
-High Energy Ignition Coil
-Carbon Fiber Reeds
-Chrome CT Mani
-28mm OKO Carb
-Uni Pod Filter
-PG Long pipe
pboost
BMX
BMX

Post by pboost »

My 85. Blah crappy cell phone pic.

1985 spree Work in progress.(finally running****) 86 Down do to slight complications.
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

My joyride!

Funny thing is that I've been getting more women coming up to me and asking me things about this scooter than my Ducati. Lol!
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

That came out pretty good, didn't it?
How's the handling?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Yeah, I'm very satisfied with the turn out. I didn't know I could paint... Lol! Handling is awesome but still needs to be stiffened front and rear. I am modifying the read to accept to shocks one on each side to prevent twisting. Front I have ordered C100 and it should make a big difference. Elite shocks are so muchy that it kills the stopping strenght. I do have a question about my carve. The nipple on the bottom on the bowl side does it go to a vacuum? The nipple on the other side closest to the fuel inlet, well does it also go to a vacuum? A bit confused.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Sprite axt:
I do have a question about my carve.
Your carve looks great. You're practically draggin' your knee!
:)
Oh, I see you mean "Carb"?! Those several standpipes are vents and the bowl drain outlet, respectively. You can clamp some 1/8" line on them to keep water out. Most don't bother.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Thanks wheelman. Stupid autocorrect phone! Reason I asked about the carb nipple is because I noticed oil/fuel coming out of it after a short ride. So, I figured that it is supposed to be connected somewhere?...
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Hmmm, carves evaporate but seldom leak. A couple possibilities:

1. The drain screw has an o-ring that is easily omitted/gets pitted and brittle.
2. The leak appears to be coming from the nipple (somehow I find that strangely erotic :oops: ) but represents drippage from above. Clamps on the petcock line? Filter? Fuel line does get brittle and can crack, too.
3. The float is adjusted way high and fuel sloshes out one of the vents.
4. The bowl seal o-ring is defective.

Anyhow, except for the fuel line clamp issue, no nipples should be dripping.
Wheelman-111
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Where that green hose if coming from is the breeder nipple for the bowl. Apparently when it is running a leak would occur. Odd since it never done this before until this morning. The float was never touched so the height shouldn't change at all. Is there a one way valve in the relief valve?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Sprite:
The float was never touched so the height shouldn't change at all. Is there a one way valve in the relief valve?
If the bowl was removed to change jets, etc., there's a chance that the float was indeed "touched". Ham-fisted early Wheelman "forays" into the tricky OKO float bowl was known to change the float level. The bowl can be reinstalled without tweakage, but it's pretty easy to do.

The bowl vent may be connected to a standpipe inside that acts as a fail-safe against too high fuel level. If so and the float is adjusted too high, it could allow fuel to slop into the standpipe. There's no one-way valve that I know of. Double check your float height - 19mm or so I'm told - to contact with the needle.
Wheelman-111
sprite2011
Spree
Spree

Post by sprite2011 »

Will check it tomorrow morning. I've been watching YouTube videos of 28mm OKO. Measurement numbers are noted. Thanksss!
JohnRobHolmes
Goped
Goped

Post by JohnRobHolmes »

I got excited to see a moped thread here! Then I realized that it was a bunch of scooters. No pedals = NOped!

Here is my latest moped project. Honda Hobbit, '82 I think. Redid the frame and put a top tank on it. New front end from a Garelli. Front Electric hub for an added 3hp of low end :naughty:

Figured I would share with my hondaspree.net buddies. After all, it was a spree and this forum that got me back into wee little bikes!

Next work is to put a Leo Vince pipe on it for better top end, a TJT variator to increase the top speed, and an 18mm Mikuni to get rid of the stock cloggy carb. Also planning to replace the electric motor and system with a better one, but you guys probably aren't interested in that stuff :nerd:

One of these days I will take it apart and repaint it, when it is running solid...
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Nice! Clean, wholesome Electric Power to offset the heavy Carbon Footprint of the two-smoke. I like it!

So wha' happens to the eE-lectrical system when the lusty Hobbit puts the front wheel into regenerative mode? Self-charging battery?! Sheesh, a Hybrid Scooter! Who knew we could be so Green?
Wheelman-111
motormike

Post by motormike »

Noticed this Hobbit, JRH....cool tank, but cant identify....not your fathers Hobbit...never seen or heard of the E-hub on front. Thanx for the share..... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"